Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
S
S
From my understanding Grand Crown hasn't been around for a few yrs. I dont know who was selling the TS I bought in 2007. I do know that I have been using II and I had to contact them directly and bank my weeks and I have not had any problems with II. When they were using Grand Crown the reps were nasty and I was told that since RV didnt have a building I couldnt do anything. Since I have been dealing with II they have been very nice. We are using ours to swap in Italy next yr.

S
S
All Reef Village owners.
If you are looking to get out of your Timeshare at Reef Village please contact me at [email protected]

S
OP Offline
S
I contacted Grand Crowne recently and this is what was told to me by email. This email is from David Akers, General Counsel, he states"the developer of RV originally agreed to enter into an affiliation agreement to use the Grand Crowne name, but when he would not commit to several key issues, we terminated his right to claim any alliliation with us". He suggested that the owners and TS owners sue the developer, which is Jeff Pierce. He states "the developer is the entiry all purchasers contracted with and the one which accepted any monies paid for timeshare intervals, not Grand Crowne. What we had agreed to do was allow purchasers at RV to utilize our Club, which allowed owners to exchange their week through II and stay at other II resorts, but without an actual unit week to give to II, there is no way to exchange." That was written 5/27/11. He also stated that if he found out any other info he would pass it along. Now what do we do? Does anyone know how the owners are coming along with their class action suit, if they have filed one at all?

S
OP Offline
S
Suecate, Aren't you a homeowner at RV? I'm not sure if the same applys to timeshare owners, do you know?

S
S
I am an RV villa owner as well as a TS owner. We are not involved or know of any class action lawsuit against Jeff. We are working to get our Villa completed.

Why would someone at Grand Crowne contact the reef village TS owners without being able to do something about the situation or buying them back..

It is typical timeshare practice as required by board protocol, that TS Owner members be notified in writing when amenities are reduced, whereby affecting membership. In the agreement by RV it does have vague language eluding to sales, however if you are looking to maintain a growing clientele, it would be prudent to communicate with your Owners to eliminate mistrust and maintain harmony. Obviously, this was not their intent. I would hope that to mitigate continuing rumors and supposition that they release communication clarifying any information and standard procedures. Improved relations would benefit them in the event they were to sell off the TS sector.

S
OP Offline
S
In response to Suecate, since my purchase in 2008 I contacted Grand Crowne, since their name was on every document I signed, questioning how to use these points I had accumulated. I got the runaround for at least 6 months and gave up. Because of my particular situation with RV, I contacted them again asking for help. The email that was sent came from Dave Akers and I quoted him exactly the way he explained it to me. If anyone wants to ask Grand Crowne why and when they pulled out of affiliation, email them yourselves. Believe me I was amazed when I received this email and I'm not getting any resolution to my situation with RV after receiving it! I am able to use 2 weeks with II, but that's it until my situation is resolved with RV! So Suecate why is your take on RV so different from the other owners and TS owners?

S
S
sonlover i dont know what your reading into my post. I have ONLY used my TS for exchanges as I stated. I have only dealt with Intervale and Not RV. My situation as a villa owner is separate and will not get into it with anyone on a message board.

My only question was and is why is Grand Crowne contacting owners without a resolution. Not looking for a conflict on the message boards.

I dealt with some people in the TS at RV who were very nice to my family and still are and guided me through the exchange process. They are no longer there. That was our reason for purchasing, to use only as an exchange. I am only relaying my experiance and it has only been with II.

S
OP Offline
S
Suecate, I was only responding to the question, "why would Grand Crowne contact the TS owners," as I stated I contacted them for possible help in resolving my situation with RV. They didn't contact me with this information. Someone earlier asked why wasn't Grand Crowne affiliated with RV and I responded with what information I had received. I don't know why you are getting defensive, I'm very happy that you are enjoying your Villa and able to exchange with II with no problems. What I meant by asking you what your take on RV was, is that from the posts some owners are filing a class action law suit against them, I wondered what your thoughts were? I hope I cleared up any misunderstanding you may have had! The last thing I want is conflict with anyone on this board, I was just looking for any help from other TS owners with the fate of RV in check!

S
S

sonlover just sent you a PM alls good..

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.