Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Thanx for the info on the Amigos del Mar Pier, Marty. We have travelled twice to San Pedro, consider Melanie and Changa as our family in San Pedro and are real glad they only suffered minor damages. We're specially glad that NO FATALITIES have been reported Belize wide. Amazing, considering you guys faced a Cat 4 Hurricane.

Marty, You've done one hell of a job. I monitored a whole bunch of websites during Keith's stomping through the cayes. The information you delivered throughout was by far the most current, up to date and accurate. Here in Puerto Rico we have learned to take CNN and Weather Channel's reports with a full bag of salt as the proverbial grain is no enough. They ALWAYS report on the sensational side of the news, obviously in search of ratings banking on other's misfortunes.

It's now time to focus on rebuilding San Pedro and the rest of your bit of Paradise. We all wish we could be there to help. We can't, at least not until next summer but will help from here. We are now starting a collection drive here.

Best of wishes to you all.

Ruby, Tity, Oscar & Margo

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
-

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
We have been in contact this morning with David Chang with the US Consulate Office in Belize. He has been in contact with Steve Shultz, who is on Ambergris Caye and is a ham radio operator with Tropic Air Airlines.

All inhabitants of Ambergris Caye are reported in good condition this morning. We have no reports of injuries. There is plenty of food available.

The Belize International Airport is not open due to water on the runway.
Therefore, no planes can currently fly out and into Ambergris Caye. The Belize Defense Force has been activated to attempt to get planes into Belmopan that could then do a flyover of Ambergris Caye to evaluate the situation from the air.

We will continue to update this site as we get available information.

Phone service into or out of Ambergris Caye is unlikely to be available in the next 24-48 hours.

Please bear with us as we obtain additional information.

Radio reports that boats with supplies are now leaving for SPO & Cay Ck.

---------------

Just got the morning call from Kathryn. Everbody at Sundiver and Caye villas is still fine. They got a sunrise this morning and the only current problem is that the phone line is so bad we only get every other word.
They will probably try to put our boats back in the watet later today. Sounds like the Hurricane party is almost over.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I have just gotten off the phone with my partner at the sundiver... Things are improving.. The sun is out, but the wind is still pretty heavy... There is the possibilty of people starting to get off the Island today... Spirits are very high right now..

B
B
No one hurt or killed! This is such awesome news! I too have hardly left this message board during this. Can't wait to start hearing from and about friends. Tammy, let's get with it and let us know you are fine. [Linked Image]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Our prayers are with you. I was glad to hear that no one has been seriously hurt on the island. Good luck in the difficult journey you have ahead!

Y
Y
Has anyone hear from Malcolm at Fidos? Were suppose to be bringing down a new boat to his location in a couple of weeks. We're scheduled to fly into AC on Saturday if the airlines are up and running by then.

J
J
-

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
AT 10:00 AM TODAY WORD FROM SAN PEDRO WAS THAT THERE WERE NO KNOWN CASUALTIES - GUESTS HAD BEEN HELPING TO CLEAR THE RUNWAY TO GET PLANES OUT AND 3 TROPIC AIR FLIGHTS HAD ALREADY DEPARTED - MAYA ISLAND AIR WAS GETTING READY TO DO THE SAME - PLANET OCEANS DIVE GROUP FROM THE MAYAN PRINCESS WAS PART OF THAT GROUP - THE MAYAN PRINCESS IS STILL STANDING TALL, WITH ONLY A FEW MINOR REPAIRS NECESSARY - SUNBREEZE WAS OKAY? - REPORTS ON OTHER HOTELS MAY BE IN BY 2 PM CT AS REQUESTED - THE CONDITIONS OF HOTEL'S NORTH OF BOCA DEL RIO, UP NEAR JOURNEY'S END, WAS ALSO UNKNOWN BUT WHAT IS KNOWN IS THAT EVERYONE IS SAFE IN THAT AREA - AND I REPEAT, NO KNOWN CASUALTIES - THIS IS THE BEST NEWS - THE WESTERN SIDE OF THE ISLAND IS BADLY DAMAGED, SMALL HOMES, LOTS OF ROOF DAMAGE - WILL HAVE MORE ON THIS LATER - POWER AND PHONE LINES ARE DOWN AND WILL REPORT WHEN THEY CAN BE EXPECTED TO RETURN, BUT GUESSING AT LEAST A WEEK PROBABLY MORE - CLEANUP HAS BEGUN AND AMBERGRIS WILL BE BACK ON TRACK VERY SOON -
ON CAYE CAULKER THE REPORT IS MUCH WORSE - NO KNOWN CASUALTIES HERE BUT JUST ABOUT EVERY HOME HAS SUSTAINED ROOF DAMAGE OR IS GONE -

BELIZE CITY HAD SOME MINOR FLOODING - WATER WAS RECEDING - SOME ROOF DAMAGE, TREES, POWER LINES BUT COMMUNICATION IS STILL AVAILABLE HERE - EVERYONE IS SAFE

BOATS FROM BELIZE CITY WERE LEAVING FOR BOTH CAYE CAULKER AND SAN PEDRO THIS MORNING WITH RELIEF SUPPLIES -

NO ONE IS STARVING AND EVERYONE IS BEING CARED FOR WITH THE KINDEST HEARTS AND THE BEST BELIZEAN HOSPITALITY...IT'S WHAT WE DO BEST!

WILL UPDATE AT 2:00 PM OR AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE - I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN AND WHEN OTHER RELIEF EFFORTS BECOME AVAILABLE I WILL POST.

S
S
Thank you so much for all of your information. I am so happy to hear that everyone is OK. My fiancee and I will be visiting Belize for the first time on our honeymoon at the end of this month. I am very curious about the status of Cayo Espanto and Ramon's Village (we will be staying at both of these places). All of your news and updates have been greatly appreciated. Any updates on these locations would be great. We really hope that we can still take our vacation and that all is well on Belize.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 245 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.