Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
OP Offline
U
My laptop power cord died just as I got back from the States - perfect timing, as ever! Does anyone know of a place where I could find a replacement part? It would be like finding a needle in a haystack, I'm sure, but if there is anyone out there with a dead hp pavilion dv7-3165dx I'd be happy to buy the power cord from you. I'm also thinking of ordering the part from the States but I'm hoping that it won't take forever and a day to get here. Has anyone had luck ordering parts from the States and receiving them fairly promptly? Boy, I sure didn't realize how much I relied on my computer until I was without it! Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

UTPT....Geez sorry to hear about your power cord......A local option may be the computer store on middle street...They have been kind enough to order parts for us in the past....(for a fee of course)....

OR

I have had people order items from www.compusa.com deliver them in the States and then some kind sole will bring it to you on their next trip.

Good luck.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Let me check what I have in the office. I'll msg you later this evening. I might have one of those actually.

B
B
I have a spare one for a DV4..i believe it will fit yours? message me if interested.

C
C
If you can't find one in Belize, I've ordered them on Amazon and found someone coming down (right here on the message board) and had it shipped to them.

S
SJC Offline
S
Maybe a bit late on this but often the problem is with the connection to the laptop. The part where you plug the cord into on the laptop will often break.

If you can find another person with the same cord it would be a good test. You can also find someone with a Volt Meter (anyone who works with electrical eq should have one) and test the power at the end of your cord.

If the connection on the laptop is broke its easy (and cheap) to order a new plug but often a pain to replace it.

Hope this helps
sjc

M
M
UnderThePalmTree,

A friend in Chetumal had the same problem, and had the cord/connection repaired in Chetumal.

Do you want to contact him?

Here guys, this was a perfect replacment for my HP Pavillion, and inexpensive as well I mean really inexpensive...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E2RZYK

My works just fine, you can 40 if you want but it isnt necessary...

Last edited by Bear; 06/23/11 07:49 PM.
P
P
I don't know if this problem's been solved yet, but as Bear says, power supplies for most Windows computers are available really cheaply. I bought a spare one for under $2 on Amazon. Sadly that's not the case with Mac power supplies, which are both rubbish (the current lot) and extremely expensive. And very hard to find.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 190 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.