Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The latest information, relayed from Ambergris Caye via cell phone: [1] everyone on Ambergris Caye is OK. [2] there is plenty of food and water on the Caye. [3] the phones and electricity are not working which is why you have not been able to contact any one. Boats are on their way from Belize City with repair crews. [4] Tropic Air will have 3 flights today and Maya Air will have one flight. Note that the destination of the flights is unknown, and that there are no international flights out of the island today. [5] Damage to the island has been relatively light, although there is a lot of mud everywhere. Most damage was on the back side (the lagoon). The school is reported to have only slight damage.

M
M
Marty - WE LOVE YOU!

S
S
Marty,
You are the BEST!

C
C
Marty,
Thanks so much for all the information. I'm moving there to the island in November/December. I wish so much I could be there right NOW to help with everything. It's good to know that everyone is okay and safe. By chance do you know Oliver Stuart or Lynde Russell? Just want to know if they are alright. God bless you and everyone. My prayers are with you.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
St. Matthew's University students are currently being evacuated from Ambergris Caye to Belize City. As soon as the International Airport reopens, students will be evacuated from Belize.

The President of St. Matthew's University has a list of all St. Matthew's students. All students are accounted for and are well. The students will be staying at the Princess Hotel in Belize City.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Marty you are the best! We are so glad that everyone seems to be okay. Our thoughts and best wishes are with everyone there. Of course we made a donation to the San Pedro Town Council already and hope many others do the same. We just got back from Captain Morgan's 3 weeks ago. How is the damage there? We are also glad that the Fox Team is okay. Is our friend Tom from Aliso Viejo,CA okay as well. We own land on Long Caye at Light House Reef and are wondering if the Island, Boobie Birds and the Palm Trees are okay.

D
D
I think it is imperative that we don't relax just yet. It is important that the US Government take action to reassure all of us that all Americans in Belize and surrounding areas are brought back to the US ASAP. I would suggest that everyone contact there senators and also contact the state department in Washington DC (Task Force #3) and put pressure on them to continue on with recovery efforts and not take a back seat to the disater relief. Now that the airports are starting to get up and running the State Department seems to be taking a less aggressive attitude. There are friends and family still on the islands of Ambergbris Caye and Caye Caulker. Please call the State Department and put pressure on them to see that our loved ones will return home safely and reassure them that their country, government, and families did everything in their power to get them the help and assistance they needed.
202-647-6530.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
MARTY-STILL NO WORD IN STATES ABOUT STATUS OF KAY AND BUDDY SMITH, REPORTED LOST WHILE FERRYING TWO BOATS AND CAUGHT ON REEF AT WORST OF STORM. NO REPLIES TO OUR QUERIES. ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. RAY KEEL

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I must admit, I am worried about these folks. Still no word.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
DO YOU KNOW IF COAST GUARD OR ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR KAY AND BUDDY? THERE WAS A BEACON SIGNAL EARLIER, WE ARE TOLD, BUT HAVE HAD NO FURTHER WORD IF SIGNAL CONTINUES OR NOT. DO WE NEED TO CONTACT SOME AUTHORITY ABOUT THEIR WHEREABOUTS TO INITIATE ACTION? THANKS. RAY KEEL

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.