Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
t42 Offline
T
Brodies has the Vape mats but different name brand called HIT-mats.

Jean, I use the 100% because on me, for some reason, the regular Off stuff only lasts about an hour. Since I am usually outside for at least 8 hours at a time, it's easier for me. I would agree if you are not a "mosquito magnet", then the lowest concentration of DEET you can use, the better.

Change your Latitude
S
S
The sprayer just went past...

They've just sprayed the Boca del Rio area so hopefully he is on his way into town and south. And I still swear by the Avon Skin-so-Soft Bug Guard as being way better than Off for keeping them, and the sand flies at bay - the regular one for most of the year, and the "green" one at times like this.

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com
I too am allergic to mosquitosand bees. I use a combination of 100% Deet with Clariton pills (1 am, 1 pm) daily. The deet discourages the buggers and the Clariton reduces the inflammation from those that are successful in finding me. IT WORKS better than anything else I've tried and (knock on wood) haven't had to use my epi-pen.

Same with me SandDiver. Bees and mosquitoes. Have not had to use my Epi-pen either and have been here 8 years. Regular baby oil works on sand fleas. We put a few drops in our foot buckets, so people get a little dose if they wash their feet. A few drops of baby oil also works to keep mosquitoes from laying their eggs if you have a plant with water in it, etc.

Change your Latitude
They sell Vape plug ins in Mexico too - I got my plug in there and bought the box of vape mats here.

http://tacogirl.com/2011/07/how-to-kill-mosquitoes-mosquito-trap/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Originally Posted by JeanH
Here at home, I can get away with Skintastic, which is only 10% Deet.

Love skinstastic!

J
J
Try putting some diluted Listerine in a spray bottle for keeping the mosquitoes away.

B
BDB Offline
B
Go to Walmart and get a Thermacell. In sporting goods section. It really works. I have been hunting when the skitos where unbearable and turned on the thermacell and it works. Take one every year to Ambergris. Maggie at Capricorn restaurant laughs at us every year, but it really works...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.