Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#411726 07/14/11 12:04 AM
Bear Offline OP
OP Offline
Sometime I'd like to bring/shoot one of these on Ambergris. Not so much for a 4th of July, as this clip is from one of my 4th shows here in Sonoma, but more for the joy of fireworks that is universal...thanks to Marty for embedding the clip for me...if your connx and screen can handle HD select the 720p resolution...

Bears Finale for the Hometown 4th o'

C
C
Off a barge would be cool as long as nothing lands in the sea!

Bear Offline OP
OP Offline
Lol, well that's about impossible isn't it Chris? wink Guess we wont be doing any of those eh? Actually the hulls are a rice paper composition and use a water soluble organic glue, they degrade pretty rapidly whether water or land. Where on AC do they shoot the few shows they have?

Barge shows in the States are fired electrically ($$$$$$) and for good reason, most Master Operators dont want to die. I don't know how the few guys in Belize shoot their shows or if they even have shot from barges but unless YOU want to be the guy in the middle of hell when it hits the fan I believe I'll pass Chris. I was on a manual barge shoot "once" when it went bad, and it was very bad. Whats that old MoTown lyric? "Nowhere to run to baby nowhere to hide...." sick

A local show over water would be fun though, certainly avoids the fire hazards on a dry island.

Last edited by Bear; 07/14/11 07:54 PM.
S
S
All the fireworks here are done on a barge. We usually have a few shows a year.

Bear Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by SimonB
All the fireworks here are done on a barge. We usually have a few shows a year.

Nice Simon, any idea if they fire it electrically or do they give the guys enough room to move around to do a reload show? The barge shoot I was on was so jammed with preloaded racks there was literally no where to go.

Last edited by Bear; 07/14/11 07:59 PM.
S
S
Not sure but we've had some "interesting" shows. One involved everyone attending covered in ash and sparks, we had fun anyway.

Bear Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by SimonB
Not sure but we've had some "interesting" shows. One involved everyone attending covered in ash and sparks, we had fun anyway.

Hahahaha! I have people that intentionally go to the seating area closest to the fallout zone just to exerience that; safety glasses, hardhats for the whole group. Kind of overkill but pretty funny. Ashes and sprks are parr for the course if the crowd is downwind for up to a 1/4 mile sometimes.

B
B
Back in the millennium, 1999-2000 New Years Eve I owned the Pier Lounge and we split the cost of the fireworks with the Town Board. They dug them into the beach beach back then. I asked everyone to please move their boats but a few crotchety old farts San Pedranos refused to move their vessels and I had to buy 2 new Bimini tops by daybreak. I think is was a set up=-).
The tab was $10,000bz for my part of the show.
A different time and place I guess.

Bear Offline OP
OP Offline
Bummer on the Biminis and I know what you mean by "setup". I've had my share of claims for paint jobs on cars (but turned out they were 4 blocks upwind of the show)Insurance costs are really driving show costs up.

Yup, good old iron mortars. Having a beach for a shoot site is mos def a plus, No boxes to build, just bury the mortars and away you go.

P
P
It was a really fun show. Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.