Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dixie Offline OP
OP Offline
D
After DIVING into this message board, we have yet to see anyone that has a comment on Caribe Island Resort (Chateau Caribe). This is our Honeymoon and would like to know the good, the bad & the ugly! Thanks!

M
M
We stayed here in 1998, with our son,daughter-in-law, and their 18 month old. The accomodations were beautiful; we couldn't have afforded it without sharing the cost with them. It had everything we wanted, (this was our second trip to AC, so we kinda knew what was important to us) Pool, nice beach, large rooms right on the beach, modern cooking facilities, beach bar, small restaurant (I think they now serve 3 meal/day), free use of kayaks, sailboat, bikes, shuttle to town, wonderful, helpful, staff.They arranged all the extra trips we took. They even gave us powdered milk for the baby, when we discovered we left fresh milk sitting on the step outside the store. I think the only drawback may be the distance from "downtown" (3 miles). We all like the biking and hiking, but for enjoying nightlife, the shuttle came back to the resort earlier than I'd have liked if we hadn't had the baby. I wouldn't recommend biking it back in the dark. But then we did have a baby along, so we were limited in some of our activities! This was 3 years ago, and there was a lot of new construction going on nearby then, so perhaps they aren't as isolated now. I don't think you can go wrong here. ( Oh how I miss AC !!)

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We just bought a house next to Caribe Island. Yes, it is about 3 miles south of town. The restaurant/bar has 3 meals a day, we had breakfast and dinner there and both were wonderful. The bar is very quiet at nite. There is a dive shop on the premises, but we didn't go out with them. Caribe Island has no construction, but there is another place next door that does have some, but the noise never bothered us (maybe it is far enough away). The grounds are immaculate, and the staff was very nice. Also, there is a coin laundry for guests. Enjoy! We just got back last week and we are ready to go again!!

D
dixie Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks so much y'all! Do they have Golf Carts to rent? We do plan on going into town for dinner at night and yes we do like a cocktail or two...so we thought that a golf cart would work out great. How about parking the golf carts and leaving them if you go on a day trip or diving? Is it safe enough to drive your golf carts home after a couple of Belkins? Another question, Can you book overnight trips to say...The Blue Hole or Turneffe through your hotel and not have to pay for lodging at two places? Is there anything like this out there? Yes, aloha, we will be there for the party on the 4th. I can't think of a better way to spend our 1st night on AC, than meeting all of y'all. See ya!!

[This message has been edited by dixie (edited 06-24-2001).]

Dixie:

We stayed at Caribe isalnd in November and are headed back this Nov. Wonderful place. Great people there. We were supposed to do our honeymoon there in 98 and Mitch hit so we tried it again last year and it was a great time!

We booked trips right there through the dive shop. Did the blue hole, cave tubing, fishing, Lamani, Sharkray Alley and more! They have bikes to use for free. We didn't get a golf cart, we biked all the time. You can get a cart and park it there. It's safe and Mr. B is always around there checking everything out.

Great rooms! Great Pool and staff! We loved it so much! Can't wait to get back there this year!

When are you headed down?

Bonnie

B
B
We've stayed there twice and really like it. I donn't know about the trade off for days at Blue Hoel, but they're very helpful:Email Dativa or Mr. Eddy. They have free bikes and for most people it is an easy ride to town. The shuttle leaves at 6 or 6:30 and returns to CI at 9. Just take a cab back for about $5us. they have a full service dive shop and free kayaks. Next door is The Victoria house [1/2 mile walk on the beach] and go there for cocktails or dinner or lunch. bring a small flashlight.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.