Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41206 06/24/01 10:28 AM
D
Dale Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Four of us will be visiting AC for the first time in August (can't wait!). We are planning to go to Lamanai ruins. I've noticed there are several tour operators who offer this trip and need some info to help us decide who to go with. It would be a great if some of you who have taken the tour could let me know who you went with and what your experience was like. Thanks so much!

Dale

#41207 06/24/01 12:16 PM
B
B
We took the trip with Daniel of Tanisha and it was great! The only small complaint I have is that it would have been nice to have more than 15 minutes in Bomba Village. By the time you use the restroom it's time to go and the people there make beautiful wooden bowls, masks, etc.-much cheaper than anywhere else. I would have liked more time, maybe 15 more minutes to buy some of the goods. I think you will really enjoy this trip. Have fun and don't forget to bring a camera if you want some neat pictures of Belize wildlife. Daniel is very informative as is Antonio who guided us through Lamanai. The food provided on this trip was very good also-a great way to spend the day and worth every penny as far as I was concerned. I would do this trip again.

#41208 06/24/01 04:18 PM
KC Offline
We took the Altun Ha tour with Daniel of Tanisha (a shorter version of the Lamanai tour), and would recommend him to anyone. If you want more time at Bomba, just ask. 15 more minutes won't be a problem, I'm sure. As a matter of fact, we had some extra time at Bomba because *someone* had a slight <ahem> problem, and needed to hang around the "comfort station" for a while. [Linked Image]

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#41209 06/24/01 11:25 PM
K
K
Took the Lamani tour with Daniel of Tanisha tours this past May and had a great time! Went with some awesome people we met from the message board. Daniel and Antonio are incredible tour guides. Very interesting and informative. They are both of Mayan descent...so when they describe the sights and sounds they do so with passion...you'll love it!! Don't forget to bring bananas...we had a monkey visit our boat...and Becky (bound_for_Belize)was glad she brought a bunch. The age range of folks on our tour was 8 1/2 to 80 something. I couldn't help but think - I want to be doing this when I'm 80!!! It is quite an adventure to get there...boat trip through the jungle...school bus ride through bumpy, dusty roads...another boat ride...and finally to our destination...all part of the experience!! Saw a baby crocodile...bats...
a Toucan...go...you'll have an adventure. We were happy with Daniel and Antonio of Tanisha tours...

Lynne

[This message has been edited by Ken & Lynne (edited 06-24-2001).]

#41210 06/25/01 10:34 AM
Hey, Dale! A group of us from the board will be there in August! If you are interested in getting together, go over to the general chat area of the message board, and look at "A Pirate goes to AC...", let us know if you're interested!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.