Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]
Well, my husband Marc and myself Jinnie moved to Ambergris Caye from snowy London just over a month ago to take over the running of San Pedro Fitness Club. We came out here for a week in November and decided that this was the place for us!

One of the first things we did was refurbish our fitness room at the back of the main building. Last night we had our first class in there, Bu-Jitsu. This is a mix of martial arts - great for getting fit - wow, did we work up a sweat!

We are in the process of giving the whole area a make-over including opening the pool side bar again very soon. We have also nearly finished our roof top terrace which is great for watching the sunset. It will be a beautiful Mayan themed haven which is also available for private hire, as is our pool. So, if there are any special occasions coming up, why not pay us a visit and see what's happening.

Besides the pool and the gym, we also have tennis courts and a volleyball court, something for everyone. Dive schools have been using our pool as it is the deepest on the island�and the biggest!

If you can teach any kind of fitness class, then we would like to hear from you as we are trying to build up our facilities. Let us know what you can do.

OPENING HOURS
MON-FRI 7AM-8PM
SAT 7AM-5PM
SUN 11AM-5PM (JUST POOL)

TELEPHONE
226 4749
[Linked Image]

That pool is the best - posting this article I wrote in support of Maureen's Class. She has had the longest running class as far as I know and does a great job at keeping us motivated fit and entertained.

Health Benefits of Water

Did you know that Aquafit class is a great, low impact way to tone up, get fit and have fun all at the same time? Aquafit is an easy way to get physically and mentally fit. With regular class, one hour 2 - 3 times a week you will get fast results. You will be pleasantly surprised at what a full body work out you can get from water weights and the laughter in class does wonders for your mind. Water exercise is the perfect way to enjoy social time while you exercise and get toned. You can set your own intensity in class by doing the movements faster or slower and the hour flies by.

One of best advantages to working out in water is a wide range of flexibility. The effects of gravity are lessened in water making it easier to move your joints further while building increased long term flexibility. Working out in water makes it much easier to perform a wide range of movements that would be difficult on land. Many of the exercises work more than one muscle at a time and most of the exercises when properly done strengthen your core. It will not be long before you notice things like better posture - balance - flexibility - improved muscle tone. Maureen's classes provide a mix of cardio - core training - toning and stretching.

Because of the weightless factor, water workouts offer a softer cushion than land exercise. This makes aquafit great for those who find land exercise difficult or painful. The natural buoyancy of salt water at the pool helps reduce body stress, with less strain on your muscles, joints and bones. As a result you will find yourself comfortably toning and strengthening your body with increased balance and less effort.

Another plus to exercising in water is pain relief. We do not always take time to stretch and many of us tend to have specific areas in our bodies where we hold pain. Aquafit is a great low impact way to get that stretching and help relieve the pain while strengthening your weak spots.

Here are a few testimonials from regular aquafit girls and boys, as Maureen affectionately calls us.

Aqua aerobics is the best way to exercise without breaking a sweat. Maureen makes it challenging but great fun to work out - I noticed my clothing is getting looser - It did not take long for me to crave going to class, it's an easy habit to keep - Has definitely helped my back pain when I stick to it - Gives me energy, detoxifies and de-stresses me - Helps me turn my mind off and relax and has greatly improved my posture and muscle tone.

See pics here not that advanced yet to get them added in a post lol

If you are the kind of person who likes having fun and getting fit, Miss Maureen's aquafit group would like to invite you all to come join the fitness fun and see for yourselves how healthy a good a water work out makes you feel. Tuesday 10am - 11am Thursday 10am - 11am and Friday 10am - 11am For more info call 226-2683

Let's get fit San Pedro.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

C
C
I must say that I love Maureen's class and to do the aquafit in such a nice pool was great. I am not someone who is "motivated" to go to classes but when we were there for 3 weeks it was high on my priority list after the first class. Just another great thing I miss about San Pedro!

Live Laugh Love
We now have an aquafit class facebook fan page for anyone interested.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fun-in-the-Sun-Aquafit-classes/191997544191222

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.