Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Erin... Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Is typhoid ans malaria immunization need before travel? I have heard mixed feelings.
thank you
E

Unless you are planning a week or more camping in the jungle, then really no need.

Change your Latitude
Originally Posted by Erin...
Is typhoid ans malaria immunization need before travel? I have heard mixed feelings.
thank you
E

I just had my travel immunizations updated--arriving SP in 11 days. I didn't need to do anything for the malaria (I carry insect repellent that is 97% deet). But I did update the typhoid (had to take 4 pills over 8 days and will have immunity for 5 years). Fortunately, all the rest of my travel immunizations are up-to-date. I keep my WHO card up-to-date and carry it with me when I travel.

Just my 2 cents worth on the subject.

I recommend contacting your local health department. That is what I did. They would have the most up-to-date info regarding recommended immunizations specific to where you are traveling to.

Last edited by tortuga.chica; 07/26/11 03:22 PM.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
different opinions every time this is asked. I will tell you that most do not get "special" immunzations for Belize unles spending substantial time in the jungle. "Most people" are not necessarily right, so take that for what it's worth

I say "special" because many believe (like me) that Hep A/B is a good idea for any frequent traveller -- anywhere.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Originally Posted by Otteralum
I say "special" because many believe (like me) that Hep A/B is a good idea for any frequent traveller -- anywhere.

I totally agree on the Hep A/B.....one can contact it anywhere.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 241 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.