Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

We are used to seeing the Traffic Wardens set up traffic checkpoints along different streets on the island, surprising unsuspecting motorists who do not have their driver's license or have their insurance expired! Yes it comes as an inconvenience, at times, but it's their job to keep us in line.

To the surprise of others, the Traffic Wardens were joined yesterday, Wednesday, July 27, 2011, by the Immigration Department that was conducting documentation checks on visitors and immigrants. It was part of their random and routine check-ups that they conduct on the island to assure foreigners have the proper documentations.

Click here for the rest of the story and more pictures

Wow.......we forget sometime to carry our passports with us when we go into town....looks like we have to buck up!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Most of our guests do NOT carry their passports with them. They are afraid of losing them. When I am in another country, I don't carry mine. I wonder how many tourists did not have their passports with them?

Change your Latitude
S
S
Who the heck keeps their passport on their person? I hope they had the common sense not to "take in for further interrogation" paperless tourists who replied a surprised "Uh, we're here on vacation."

L
L
Why do they keep doing things to hassle the tourists?? This is just wrong!

R.B. Mernitz
they had a check point right outside my villa across from legends and i didnt have my passport so they wouldnt let me pass...so i had to turn around and go get my passport so i could go into town and i still never carry my passport because i dont want to lose it

Last edited by pirate villas; 07/28/11 11:40 AM.
I have always taken photo copies of may passport to carry. I carry both copies, hers and mine and so does the wife. Ya neva kno!

Last edited by champion; 07/28/11 11:47 AM.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Will they accept a copy.......guess it depends on the officer...I always carry my Belize drivers license....don't know if they would accept that.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
They have before, No good when entering a country but good enough for the cops and such for basic ID. Never surrender your Real Passport to anyone "except" emmigration, period.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
C
C
I have been through many check points in Mexico with armed military asking for papers (on the Yucatan coasts - tourist zone).

I also remember immigration check point heading north of the US/Mexico border.

I'm happy to see Immigration tightening up here on the island.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.