Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
This good lookin pooch keeps showing up in the evenings at my place at Belizean Shores. Friendly, shakes hands and sits on command. Has a collar but no tag. Excepts a tortilla and a bowl of water politely, then curls up for the night on my porch.
Always there in the morning for a bit, then off he goes.

Just curious, he "seems" like he has a real home.

[Linked Image]

DC

Have seen this pooch too ---- sure wish people would put tags on those collars (and give a damn).

PS - looks a lot like our Emily (even down to the green collar) but she's home and has tags.

S
S
Looks kind of like Copper... dog that lives at Sundiver.

Ya know? Thats a good comment. I have a dog I took from some bullies in Dangriga that was kicking him around when was only about the size of a softball. He's now about 50 lbs, very brave, and loyal as can be. He's fenced in, has a colar, but it sliped my tiny mind to get some kind of ID tag.

I'm glad I saw this thread because my dog love me and my old hen (and his cat brother). I will look for somekind of ID tag in case he should get lost. He's a good dog.

Tim Walkabout

North Central Riversdale
Stann Creek District
Belize. Central America

(just a lill past the pig farm then turn at Lost Reef Resort and go south just beyond the BTL pay phone)

http://belizewalkabout.blogspot.com/

610-4768

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

Most of the beach (tourist) dogs have collars - people put them on the animals and feed them and love them during their holidays - then when the visitor leaves the pup finds a new visitor friend. If the dog has a collar but no tags that is probably the case.

C
C2C
C2C
C
Attach a note to the collar.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by C2C

He came back again last night. Soon as I walked up the porch he was there sitting,stuck his paw out like a hand shake as if to say, " Hey buddy, whats crackin tonight? " LOL..

After a bit of water and a tortilla, he curls up on the rug I have put outside, and is out for the night.

I think I will put a note in his collar. Great Idea.

DC

Originally Posted by Decompression
Originally Posted by C2C

He came back again last night. Soon as I walked up the porch he was there sitting,stuck his paw out like a hand shake as if to say, " Hey buddy, whats crackin tonight? " LOL..

After a bit of water and a tortilla, he curls up on the rug I have put outside, and is out for the night.

I think I will put a note in his collar. Great Idea.

DC

Sound to me like you got a new buddy. We got a vet comes down here once a month that helps take care of the animals. I got mine all his shots and monthly heart worm meds. Unfortuately I had to have his balls cut off. Everybody said that is for the best, but it hurt me more than him. But I gave him a bag of marbles so that the other dogs in the hood wouldn't make fun of him.

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

R
R
This is definitely Copper from Sundiver / YWAM, he lives a few doors away from me. He is a bit of a wanderer and likes to work his charms for treats, but he does have a home and is definitely not abandoned. I saw him back up in his 'hood 20 minutes ago so all good.

L
L
UK- please tell them to put a tag on him. That is what responsible animal owners do. If they can't afford it, I will have one made and mail it to you. You can put it on the dog or give it to them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.