Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#41594 07/02/01 07:15 AM
J
jaffa Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hello there. Was wondering what people could tell me about the Blue Tang Inn. Tried doing a search of the board, but did not come up with very much info. Understand that they are under new management. Am also looking at the Mayan Princess. Will be traveling to San Pedro next April with a group of family and friends of about 20-25 and getting married there. Would apprecieate anyones comments on either of the two places. Thanx for the info!

#41595 07/02/01 12:54 PM
T
T
Hi there!!

Both Blue Tang and the Mayan Princess are nice clean places... The Tang has a little pool on the beach , the Princess not.. but both are really nice and clean.. Tang just got a total face lift and is looking really nice now..

If you would be interested in getting a video for the wedding give me a shout since we have both above as well as below surface videos..

If anything send me a line at [email protected] or give me a call at (501)026-2276..

Tinka
Belize Under Water Video

#41596 07/02/01 02:12 PM
Biggest difference is LOCATION.
Mayan Princess is in the heart of town - if you want to sleep before the bars close take ear plugs.
Blue Tang was known as Rocks Inn. I stayed there in 2000 and had a wonderful room on the 2nd floor. It is an easy 5 minute walk to the center of town; therefore very quiet.
When I was there in January some friends stayed up on the 3rd floor and loved it. 2nd or 3rd both get good breezes if you are on the front.
Last month I went by and saw the new pool. It is very small, but nicely done.
Of course nothing compares with the pool next door at Paradise Village.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#41597 07/02/01 02:23 PM
I have stayed at Mayan Princess and had zero problems with noise. And I slept with the doro to the balcony open.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#41598 07/02/01 05:51 PM
I've stayed at Rock's Inn (now Blue Tang) twice before the renos and the takeover. I loved it. The rooms on the third floor front are great! The rooms on the second floor front are also pretty nice. The new pool area is pretty cute and I sure wish it had been in place when I stayed there. The only concern I had was that sometimes the noise from the Dockside Bar was a bit too much. I don't know if that problem has been remedied.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#41599 07/02/01 11:07 PM
Jaffa, just a thought here, with a group as large as yours, you might need to choose a place that has a pool area or courtyard, so all your group can meet, for arrangements.
I love Mayan Princess, but there is not a place for all of you to meet at one time, I don't think. Best Wishes.

Dare To Deviate
#41600 07/02/01 11:14 PM
It occurs to me that your group, because of it's size would probably completely take over the Blue Tang Inn. Wouldn't that be fun, having the whole place to yourselves? Some of the rooms are quite large and probably can sleep six. Two queens and a queen pullout with very large kitchen areas. I think it would be a great place for a group your size!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#41601 07/03/01 09:37 AM
S
S
My wife and I stayed at the Blue Tang Inn in May for our first trip to AC and just loved it. We rented one of their nicest rooms: a third floor ocean front room and were quite satisfied; the view was spectatular, the room was very spacious and quiet, the Belizean hardwood floor and ceiling were a very nice touch, and there were many new applicances (refrigerator, blender, microwave, etc.) which made us feel right at home. The room wasn't necessarily luxurious, but we were very comfortable and have been missing it since our departure in May.

There is also a new beach front pool, which isn't large enough to swim, but very nice to cool off in (The Mayan Princess doesn't have a pool- we were very happy we stayed at a place with a pool). The grounds and beach were very nicely kept as well. Finally, the staff was always friendly and did a great job servicing us.

One night after we closed the bar at Fidos, my wife and I invited some new found friends to go back to our hotel for a few Belikins. One of our new friends who was staying at the Mayan Princess told me that he really thought that our room was mucher nicer than his at the Mayan.

We also found the location to be very nice. A short walk to town, but far enough away to be quiet. We will definitely stay there again when we return.

If you end up choosing the Blue Tang, I would recommend staying in either the third floor oceanfront or second floor oceanfront.

I hope this helps and enjoy your visit!

Cheers,

Shawn

#41602 07/03/01 09:47 AM
S
S
P.S.

RE: Noise from Dockside bar

As part of the renovation process, the new Blue Tang owners installed very nice, brand new thermo-pane windows which not only were super efficient to keep the room cool when the air conditioning was on, but also kept any noise out. One night the Dockside bar was open late and was apparently a little noisy for "ladies night" (this was the only night that the Dockside was noisy at all). However, we couldn't hear a thing when we went to bed. So, I wouldn't worry about noise at all.

#41603 07/03/01 10:15 AM
Jaffa, BLUE TANG INN IT IS! I am sitting here dreaming of the wonderful fun all of you will have at Blue Tang Inn. If I were planning it for you, I would find Boat Captain "Danny Boy", and hire him to be at your groups beckon call with his boat. He is so capable, reserved and patient. Imagine the bride and groom using a boat for their limousine. "ok I am a romantic."

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.