Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#416037 09/12/11 03:36 PM
W
wilske Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Are there any restaurants that cater to vegetarians or restaurants that have a vegetarian option on their menu? I have a guests coming and one does not eat fish or meat. I've been down a few times and noticed salads aren't all that common.

wilske #416038 09/12/11 03:45 PM
Hon Offline
Most, if not all, of the Lebanese restaurants will be able to do a vegetarian plate for your guests. My favourite is Ali Baba's, which consists of felafel, hummus and tabbouleh with homemade flatbread...yummy!

In addition, almost every Chinese place I've visited has been more than willing to make me a (most times huge!) veggie stir fry even if it wasn't listed on the menu board.

One thing to be careful about is that many restaurants use lard for frying. If your guests are really serious about not eating any dead animal products, they'll want to ask.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
wilske #416039 09/12/11 03:47 PM
At Portofino Restaurant, we have a full vegetarian menu for both lunch and dinner.
Jan van Noord

wilske #416040 09/12/11 03:50 PM
W
wilske Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks it's great to offer guests a few options!

wilske #416043 09/12/11 04:22 PM
The selections at Portofino are really great and it is probably the largest selection of vegetarian items on any menu on the island.
Wild Mangos has this amazing sort of mayan lasagne (I forgot the name of the dish, but it starts with a B and is fantastic).
Blue Water grill has vegetarian pasta, pizza and also a lovely channa masala, and has some excellent vegetarian items on it's sushi-roll menu.
Mata Chica makes a sensational vegetarian pasta and has a cashew vege stir-fry.
The black bean soups in several restaurants are vegetarian.
You can probably ask Jeff to customize a dish for you at Rojo - also I have had bean-only burritos for lunch there that were wonderful.
Most places that serve starters have a good selection of things for the vegetarian diet.

at Mathieu's Delicatessen on Middle Street we make fresh pasta and we're always accommodating for vegetarians, we also make a mean veggie pizza, hummus sandwich and blue cheese sandwich. We don't use lard/animal fat for any of our veggie options. Chef Gunter will always be able to use the fresh vegetables to do you a custom lunch or take out dinner!

Mathieu's Delicatessen

Gunter the original & best.... baker, chef: breads, breakfast, lunch, FOOD!
Originally Posted by MathieusDeli
at Mathieu's Delicatessen on Middle Street we make fresh pasta and we're always accommodating for vegetarians, we also make a mean veggie pizza, hummus sandwich and blue cheese sandwich. We don't use lard/animal fat for any of our veggie options. Chef Gunter will always be able to use the fresh vegetables to do you a custom lunch or take out dinner!

YUM !!!!!!!

wilske #416544 09/18/11 06:40 PM
Jambel Jerk pit used to make a good ital veggie dish not been there in a while though so not sure if it is on the menu still.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.