Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I meant to do this post earlier in the month.  I want to make sure EVERY month is covered since there is no bad time to visit to visit Belize.  Honestly.

Here it is:  September, October and November are typically the "low season" in Belize.  It's hurricane season.  I understand.  Everyone is getting back to school, summer is over and it's time to buckle down but there are TONS of reasons to visit in the month of October. 

HALLOWEEN.  You may be surprised to hear that the last weekend in October is the 2nd biggest party of the year in San Pedro (New Years Eve takes the prize).  Bars go ALL OUT with parties, prizes, red carpets...it's huge!  There are costume parties, Pimps & Hos parties, even a party where you can dress up your dogs.  If you love Halloween, warm weather and good times, make a point of coming to San Pedro at the end of October.

THE WEATHER.  Yes...it may rain at night and sometimes in the morning.  But it's a hell of a lot warmer than it is where you are right now.  SanPedroScoop can guarantee that the sun will be shining 75% of the time.  Here is a picture I took this week.  If you want one, you will return back home with a nice healthy tan.

CONCH SEASON:  Conch season re-opens October 1st.  And it's delicious.  Try the Conch ceviche at Lily's or Victoria House to start your conch eating off right.

COOL BIRDS.  Now this is a topic I know very little about but what I do know is that there are tons of cool egrets, storks, herons around this time of year.  I just saw this one sitting out on my dock watching the sunrise.  These birds, I believe, are moving south for the winter and here in Belize, we are lucky enough to get them passing through.

AIRFARES ARE CHEAP!   There is no better time money-wise to come to Belize.  No need to book months or years in advance.  Get on Kayak.com or your favorite site a week or two in advance and get some great deals.

HOTELS ARE CHEAP!  It gets no cheaper than this time of year.  Forget the big websites.  Email your fave hotel directly and ask for a deal.  Don't have a favorite?  Email me...I'll be glad to give you some suggestions.  Not only are the listed prices the cheapest they will ever be, but I bet you can get a great deal directly.  If you are a negotitator, come to town without booking ahead of time.  No one is full.  You can get a great deal.

ALMOST EVERYTHING IS OPEN.  A few restaurants and hotels close during this time for a few weeks to renovate.  It is a myth that most places are closed.  It's just not true.

CANADIAN THANKSGIVING.  I know, I know...I didn't know that existed either.  (Sorry Canuck friends).  But there are plenty of Canadians here that will celebrate with you.  You can even go have a fancy meal.  Portofino Resort is serving Turducken this year.  http://www.portofinobelize.com/  Not a bad view when you are munching on a chicken, packed into a duck, stuffed into a turkey.

YOUR EXCURSIONS WON'T BE PACKED.  Ever go snorkeling or diving or cave tubing and you are surrounded by people?  Four annoying people are kicking you in the face with their flippers when you are just trying to take a picture petting a nurse shark?  Ever been on a catamaran trip fighting for a little space at the front of the boat?   Yup.  Me too.   October is the perfect month to get a great deal and feel like each excursion was sent out just for you.

HANG OUT WITH THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE HERE.  Everyone will be happy to see you.  Restaurants, bars, tour guides, everyone.  With tourists few and far between, you will be welcomed with open arms.

So, I hope to see you here...there are still 3 more weeks until Halloween.  PLENTY OF TIME for you to book your trip.  We have a Belikin waiting for you.  And don't worry...you can find plenty of bars showing your football and baseball games.

San Pedro Scoop

G
G
October/November Belize Specials via Cancun.

- LAX to Cancun, Oct. 26th to Nov. 16th. $338 usd.
- SFO to Cancun,Oct. 26th to Nov. 16th. $446 usd.
- Chicago to Cancun, Nov. 15th to Dec. 7th. $212 usd.
- Detroit to Cancun, Oct. 26th to Nov. 16th. $317 usd.
Return, All Taxes and Fees include!

ADD airport shuttle and ADO bus to Belize City $95 usd. return.

http://www.gettingtobelize.com

T
T
I booked a couple of months ago for my honeymoon. San Pedro I will see you on the 24th and I cannot wait!!

B
B
Nice...you'll get to enjoy Halloween. If you want to go out, bring a costume! Stores here are sold out by then.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.