Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#41883 - 07/18/01 09:07 AM Re: Ramon's Ripoff  
JillB Offline

JillB  Offline
Erik,
One bad experience absolutely did NOT ruin my week (I'm not the kind of person to let that happen, especially when I'm in paradise!).

Still dreaming of the jerk chicken at Jambel Jerk Pit! And the lobster omelets at Lily's. Don't get me wrong, Ramon's stands out only because every other dining experience on the island was above average! I'd go back to Sweet Basil, Cannibals, and Capricorn in a heartbeat!

#41884 - 07/24/01 05:11 PM Re: Ramon's Ripoff  
Laguna Punta Offline
Laguna Punta  Offline
I've been to Ramon's several times for Tuesday's BBQ. Really good pork steaks. BIG portions. Good although hurried service. But I did see the sign in front of the resturant, on the walkway, that all prices are in US dollars. I don't think you were a victim here. I also don't think that Ramon's riped you off. I just think that you didn't read the sign. PS. Its the only sign around, guess they should have done it in flashin neon.

Gone fishing!!
#41885 - 07/25/01 10:51 AM Re: Ramon's Ripoff  
Erik Offline

Erik  Offline
Sorry Bill,

If Ramons wants to charge $5 per plate it
might still be a rip off to some people.
And others might be willing to get stung
for 100 per plate of food.

Your opinion is fair, but I think the
majority of folks who visit Belize are
shocked by the outlandish prices for food
at Ramons. Especially when you consider
that the food is only moderately good,
and that most meals on the island can be
had for much less.

And by the way, many people arrive via
the beach and miss the sign.

#41886 - 07/25/01 12:59 PM Re: Ramon's Ripoff  
JillB Offline

JillB  Offline
Thanks, Erik, I can only speak for the food the night we ate there but it wasn't worth the price... after we paid the bill I wished I had fed the two sweet cats who were begging off us all through our meal! [Linked Image] Although knowing some of the folks on this board I probably shouldn't discuss fattening up the local felines. Meow!

#41887 - 07/25/01 02:21 PM Re: Ramon's Ripoff  
Laguna Punta Offline
Laguna Punta  Offline
Sorry Jill, but I still don't think Ramon's Riped you off. Ramon's has been in business for a long, long time. It's clientle wouldn't think of stayin anywhere else. One rule of thumb I use when goin to a Luxury Resort for dinner is "this is goin to hurt". With very few exceptions, hotel food is expensive and not the greatest. It a given. I hope you can put this bad experience behind you. Take care: Bill

Gone fishing!!
#41888 - 07/30/01 01:31 PM Re: Ramon's Ripoff  
lurch Offline

lurch  Offline
Jill don't feel bad...I stayed at Ramons.

Compared to the rest of AC its one of the better resorts but compared to other Carribean Resorts it was a ripoff.

I know the 'special buffet' you speak of and I looked at what was offered for the $25 and laughed. Not many people ate the buffet and it made the patio very lonely looking so my opinion is certainly not lonely either.

I had one meal at Ramon's when I first arrived and that was enough to convince me to eat else where the rest of the time.

#41889 - 07/30/01 03:18 PM Re: Ramon's Ripoff  
jsbfan Offline

jsbfan  Offline
There certainly are differing opinions out there! Just what a message board is all about.

My experiences at Ramon's have been quite pleasant, but I have always asked "what's good tonight" and have gone elsewhere on buffet night. Management at Ramon's is very savvy and if enough people "vote" with their feet and stay away from the buffet because of the price and/or offerings, things will eventually change.

When you go on vacation anywhere, leave your troubles and worries behind, but bring your common sense and flexibility.

I'm going to AC again (third time this year) over Labor Day, and with these attitudes in my head, I know I'll have a great time!

#41890 - 07/31/01 09:56 AM Re: Ramon's Ripoff  
JillB Offline

JillB  Offline
Hey, everybody! I loved Belize, loved AC,had an awesome time (I can honestly say I always have an awesome time of vacation [Linked Image] no matter where I go ), just a less than great experience I wanted to give everyone a "heads up " about. Thanks for all your comments and concern! And I thought that perhaps this was a way to be proactive about it and maybe Ramon's will consider changing things a bit (or not!).

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (JED, 1 invisible), 225 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics65,666
Posts466,556
Members18,960
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.