Three men received a major electrical shock when they were trying to install an outdoor antenna.
It happened in San Antonio Village in the Cayo district when 19 year old Kevin Tzib, got 20 year old Larry Tzib and 22 year old Lizandro Mai to put up the antenna.
Kevin and Larry climbed atop a mango tree trying to get the wire across to a bamboo pole while Lizandro Mai was holding the antenna wire at the bottom.
Things went wrong, when the pole bent and the antenna touched a nearby electrical wire on the lamp-post.
The jolt of the shock threw Kevin off the tree while Lizandro Mai got shocked through the wire and fell unconscious on the ground with major electrical burns on both legs, his groin area and right hand. Larry Tzib was also shocked. All three were taken to the San Ignacio Town Hospital in stable condition. Channel 7