Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#420561 10/31/11 06:40 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi All,

Love this forum. I've read a ton of posts and it's been very helpful. I'm looking forward to visiting in December.

My buddy and I will be staying a condo, Caribe Island Resort Complex, south of San Pedro for 2 weeks. While our budget is not shoe-string, we want to spend a ton on food. We can't allow our food allowance to cut into our booze allowance, dammit!

What do you all recommend we do? Are there places in town with specials we should be on the lookout for? Should we hit up a grocery store and cook ourselves? We aren't picky eaters.

Last edited by StevoDaDevo; 11/07/11 06:14 PM.
Street meat is always good late at night found at the park (Middle of town)
My favorite lunch is secret deli a few blocks north of town and 1/2 block between middle street and back street. Also, Chinese in the park behind the church does a good job and nachos at BC's just a few of my cheap but good picks. There are many others I am sure some others have their picks.

mary
You can grab a breakfast burrito in town for $3 Bzd. Very yummy. Fry jacks and tacos at Neris taco stand. Also some $1 chicken wing deals Fidos and A.J.s. Some good deals on different days of the week.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
B
B
Cooking is cheap if you stick with local stuff only...rice, beans, chicken, some veg. Pupusas on Middle Street are a great dinner...$1.50 bzd and FILLING.

You may want to bring some of your favorite foods that don't require refrigeration. Like big bags of Trail Mix from Costco or Wal Mart. If you like soups invest in packages of dehydrated good stuff and maybe dried pasta mix and dried fettuccini or spaghetti. Definitely bring your favorite dry breakfast cereal. For sure bring some dry beans and favorite rice. The locals will be glad to help you figure out how to cook them Belize style. With these basics it won't cost much to buy local fruits and vegetables to go along with.

The 8 trips I made here before moving I made it a point to prepare two meals a day at home and treat myself to one fine meal at one of the fine restaurants.

Come and enjoy. Oh- and bring me some of that trail mix. LOL

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
The couple times we have been there we usually find that our fruit intake increases due in part to the fresh variety and the fact it tastes great. Cost is minimal compared to the states. That and tortillas, cheese, eggs, veggies, and stop by the sausage factory or the deli and pick up fresh meats/cheeses. Eating this way leaves plenty of booze money leftover.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the tips! I'm excited about the sausage factory!

Since street food was mentioned more than once, I'm assuming that it's safe to eat?

Any place we should avoid? I spend a lot of time in Mexico and there are always places known for poor food hygiene.

N
N
Wahoo's Lounge (home of the world famous chicken drop) WELCOMES all you folks eating delicious (and always safe) street food to bring it on into the bar. That way you can enjoy you food with a cold belikin ($3 drafts this month). We will even supply the napkins and hot sauce!
SO for $11bze ($5.50 USD....less then a happy meal!) you can have a hamburger and 2 beers in at a cool venue in the centre of town looking out on the reef/beach!

Thursday Night is Chicken Drop and Saturday night is DECADE COUNTDOWN
5pm all 50's music
6pm all 60's music
7pm all 70's music
8pm all 80's music
9pm all 90's music
Of course there is music trivia because folks can not help arguing over what came out when and who writes the songs.
after 10pm is a karaoke throw down entertaining all era's all requests!!!

GROOVE IS IN THE HEART........

Noele McLain
Go Yoga, travelling to you and with you.
501 670 6008
Originally Posted by Wahoo's
Wahoo's Lounge (home of the world famous chicken drop) WELCOMES all you folks eating delicious (and always safe) street food to bring it on into the bar. That way you can enjoy you food with a cold belikin ($3 drafts this month). We will even supply the napkins and hot sauce!
SO for $11bze ($5.50 USD....less then a happy meal!) you can have a hamburger and 2 beers in at a cool venue in the centre of town looking out on the reef/beach!

Thursday Night is Chicken Drop and Saturday night is DECADE COUNTDOWN
5pm all 50's music
6pm all 60's music
7pm all 70's music
8pm all 80's music
9pm all 90's music
Of course there is music trivia because folks can not help arguing over what came out when and who writes the songs.
after 10pm is a karaoke throw down entertaining all era's all requests!!!

GROOVE IS IN THE HEART........

There are no Happy Meals (Kids Meals)in San Pedro or is there? Sorry had to go there.. wink

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Wahoo's
Wahoo's Lounge (home of the world famous chicken drop)

I have to ask... WTH is a chicken drop?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.