Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25
B
B
Diane,

You're correct.

Some of the comments on this topic and elsewhere in the media are doing nothing but create ill will in a community that we all supposedly care for.

If you're for the clock support it.

If you're against the project for some reason and want your opinion to be seriously considered, write a letter, address it to the SPTB, BTIA, SPBA, Minister of Tourism...

State who you are and what your concerns are. Sign your name.

If you want your opinions to carry any weight or be respected, show some respect to those that disagree with you.

Brent Kirkman
Victoria House

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
i have removed several posts that were just insults or speculating on folks' motives. Please email me at [email protected] if you see any i missed. Different folks have different ideas, and scrolling thru these 12 pages left me a lil daffy and i might have just overlooked some.

Please keep the slander and innuendo off of this forum.

thank you. let keep this discussion nice.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Most local folks love the clock. Most visitors seem not to like it. c'est la vie. Unless you are dead certain you are right all the time, then don't' get too judgmental.

Things like boycotting Ramon's over a clock that many people really like is silly In My Humble Opinion. Richard was genuinely trying to do something good.

I Love Ramons, whether they have a big sign, or a little sign, or no sign at all. It doesn't affect the resort, with their wonderful location and staff, and friendly atmosphere.

Who doesn't like Ramon's? Nothing at all bad. It is a sign for goodness sakes. If you don't like it don't look at it.

I would like to see this level of concern on more important issues.

Originally Posted by Marty
i have removed several posts that were just insults or speculating on folks' motives. Please email me at [email protected] if you see any i missed. Different folks have different ideas, and scrolling thru these 12 pages left me a lil daffy and i might have just overlooked some.

Please keep the slander and innuendo off of this forum.

thank you. let keep this discussion nice.

At last it seems that people are seeing sense.

I have been following the events posted on this topic and am amazed at how far it has gone. It seems that some people have taken it to be a vendeta on the people involved.

All I see is a town trying to improve its appearance, not everyone can be happy by all the projects being done and not every project is going to be perfect. This is not the first time a business has donated to the town in return for something. It is happening all the time, some we know nothing about, some we do but say nothing because we like what has been donated. You never get something for nothing in this world.

Those who complained that they were not informed about the clock tower project, makes me wonder if when they were in there own country they were asked for their views and opinions on all projects carried out in their home towns by the local governments. I very much doubt it.

I dont like the idea of the neon bill boards, but the clock might look good. As for the worries about emergency vehicles not being able to pass the fire station told me that it would NOT be a problem for them because in the event of a fire they can travel any direction on any road, they also said that if needed, they will be able to pass the clock tower with their trucks, as this had been measured out beforehand.

Well that's what I think.
Long live San Pedro......

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
G
G
By the way, if the town wanted to keep the speeds down on Front Street, they should have left it and and not paved it. Unintended consequences turned it into a raceway for scooters, cycles, and ATVs.
Now what!
Put up a blockade!
Get smarter, or join the second and first world. Enforce the traffic laws!

if the guy really REALLY "was genuinely trying to do something good." you would think he would donate to something needed.
a clock tower with revolving adverts for those who can afford them, does not help much. IMHO

G
G
My name is in my profile, and my sign-in is my name. I don't have motives that don't support the island where I live. I've had posts removed. I don't think they were offensive.
I dont think the Ramones signs benefit the Island. I think they are obtrusive and ugly.
Forget the politics about it.

I Love Ramons, whether they have a big sign, or a little sign, or no sign at all. It doesn't affect the resort, with their wonderful location and staff, and friendly atmosphere.

Agreed....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Originally Posted by Judyann H.

Agreed....

Yep! Agree
The obnoxious signs and clock are put up by Richard Headricks http://www.headricks.com/

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
yep,, VERY self serving. if of course, you were to ask me.
but as the mayor says, hey, it's free!

Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.