Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
We are travelling to AC in September.

If this were your first trip to Belize and there was one thing that you would regret not experiencing before you left, what would it be?

...Your favorite drink from your favorite bartender, a special tour of the Mayan ruins, snorkeling along a stretch of reef with a private guide??? The more obscure the better.

Thanks in advance for letting your knowledge help us plan a very special week.

A
A
Hey there, you asked a pretty open ended question there didn't ya? All I can add is you might want to skim my trip report on this page to get my perspeciteve on things to do. I was a first timer and was there 2 weeks ago and can't wait to get back! Hope you enjoy and have a GREAT time.

M
M
Hey, SD couple..be sure to eat at Papi's Diner. Right behind the Seven Seas resort, on Front Street, I think. Ask any of the locals where it is. Wonderful food, very reasonably priced. Celi's Deli near Estel's by the Sea, I think! It's been too long! Estel's is wonderful for breakfast or any meal, for that matter. Celi's deli (not the restaurant,we did not eat there, so can't tell you about it) has the BEST meat pies, tamales, things called garnaches,and a mayan burrito that is great. We bought a bunch of items and took them back to our room and heated them up in the microwave. Delicious! Don't be afraid to eat from the street vendors or from the childre who come around selling food their mom's make while they are in school. The local people are the best! Just enjoy, and you will have no regrets! By the way, we did have wonderful service at Elvi's Kitchen, but we ordered steaks..big mistake...stick with fish or seafood. We are jealous..wanted to go back in September, but can't go till February. Have a great time!

Mary and Scott
J
J
SD.
We took a fishing snorkle private island trip with a guide named Louis---his boat is named Roxane 1----- ask Ana at MataRocks----
This trip was 6 hrs. We will never forget it ... He cooked our fish , also lobster he bought fresh out of traps,...It was the best meal that I can remember....I'd do it again &
will when we go back.....

JLS
S
S
You should plan to have dinner at Capricorns.
We took a water taxi from Victoria House and have a fantastic dinner there. This was our best meal on the island. They also have a nice little bar for before or after dinner drinks. Great atmosphere and great food!

K
K
have a burrito at BC's bar...fall inlove with the owners and the regular patrons.

Don't miss Laminai with Daniel from Tanisha.

Breakfast at Estel's Dine by the Sea
Night Snorkel at Hol Chan
Shore Lunch

We walked up the beach for Lime Daquiries at Capricorn (Roberto makes them great). Also, Margarita Shrimp at Caliente (so tasty!). Wouldn't miss the Manatee trip with Searious Adventures (see manatees, lots of snorkeling, great lunch on a remote little island, rum punch - a truly awesome day that I will probably repeat on every trip). Most importantly IMHO: spend time getting to know the people you meet. They're what make AC really special and I'll never forget them. Have a great trip!

I've done Estelle's for breakfast - OK - good coffee -- BUT I think Lily's breakfast is better!!! Lobster Omelet to die for. And be sure and ask about and try Johnny Cakes and Fry Jacks.
A very nice young Belize couple run it. Service is a little slow, but it helps me slow down too.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.