Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
J
Oh yes, I agree with the comment on Lily's, Scuba Lady! BEST breakfast on island (we tried Estels and it was good). If you are not into lobster omelets the Huevos Rancheros are awesome!

Snorkle at Mexico Rocks. Not a lot of crowds (we were the only four out there, went with Carl from Sea Wolf), beautiful coral, clear visibility, saw two enormous starfish!

Spend some time inland. If you've got a couple extra days I recommend duPlooy's near San Ignacio and ask for a tour with Sam. He's the best!

BC's.......and taking the Lamanai Ruin Tour with Daniel Nunez! Bone fishing and snorkeling Mexico Rocks & Tres Cocos. You gotta eat at Sweet Basil's! Man now I feel like hopping on the next plane outta here.

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the tid-bits...The more the better!

...Please contribute if you have a favorite experience from AC...

Favorite drink: the Wave Runner at the Palapa bar.

Favorite golf cart driver: Anyone other than Becky!!!!!!!!! ;> )

Ok Rich, it was just one hill and didn't we make it, geeezzzzzzzzz. Smile. It was fun though. And before anything starts, it was on a remote part of the caye. Thank you very much. Next time, I'm leaving you at Palapa with a certain passport taker.

K
K
dont tell Lsmith the golf cart topic is back

L
L
All of the above. Especially B.C.'s Also, Great chicken fried steak at the Hideway, and the barbequed brisket on Sat. Nick at the Cafe Ole does a fabulous dinner at night. Have to make reservations as he only does about five tables. The cuisine rivals Capricorn in quality. Mickey's for burritos on Wed. (Only at lunch hour). If you like Indian food, try Jamilla's(ck. to see if she is open.) Great fried chicken at Master Lee's and the Chinese is good too. This is strictly carry out. And don't forget the Lions B.B.que on Fri and Sat. night. very reasonable and the proceeds go for our clinic.

R.B. Mernitz
Must do's:

Snorkel at Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley during the day and then go back and snorkel Hol Chan at night.

Get a Belizean Rain Storm at Mango's and then order anything from the menu. Great food, friendly owners. Read the wall in the bathroom. (It's very funny!) Mango's is located by Sunbreeze.

You must go to BC's and get to know Ernie, Mauricio, Charlene & Bruce. Charlene makes the burritos and one of those bad boys with a Belikin is plenty for lunch.

Hear Barefoot Skinny play.

Have stewed chicken with rice & beans. The locals call it "Rice & Beans" from Papi's.

Take a trip to the interior. The Cayo district/Belmopan are incredibly beautiful parts of the country and you'll meet plenty of friendly folk.

Take a day trip to the atolls. Snorkel/dive, whichever you do, just go! Clear waters, beautiful corals. (Glover's Reef is a World Heritage Site, like the Grand Canyon.)

Eat at Capricorn. Not for the food (we thought it was average), but for the atmosphere. Swing in the hammock with your Sweetheart and remember why you fell in love in the first place.

Take a million and ten pictures. You'll never be sorry you did and you'll visit them often. I've got a picture of us at my desk and it helps me hang in there on crummy days at the office.

Our two cents. Have a WONDERFUL trip!

Loie & RobertE

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the great recommendations.

One more question...For tours to the ruins/interior, or private snorkeling tours, do you have any recommendations for guides or services? I am sure the hotel can help but would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks...

You should try Daniel Nunez who operates Tanisha Tours. He is a great guy and extremely knowledgable about Maya sites and the flora and fauna you find along the rivers. I enjoyed the trips with him to both Lamanai and Altun Ha. Check out the website:
//ambergriscaye.com/tanisha/index.html

**Jim

**Jim
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.