Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Does anyone know how to book this trip? ADO's site doesn't seem to list it. I certainly don't want to show up at that shady bus stop at night to find that it's not running...plus, they don't have a ticket office.

G
G
Unless you have a Mexican credit card you must buy your ticket at the ADO bus terminal in U.S. cash. The schedule seems to be only undated for the current month (Nov.)

more info ........ http://www.gettingtobelize.com/ADO.html

Last edited by gettinghere; 11/08/11 04:33 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
The ADO site where you book tickets says that there is no bus. That there is none for even tomorrow.

You can book Chetumal to Cancun with a US Credit Card but Belize City to Cancun?

Wonder if they have a number in Belize City...I'm guessing no...

G
G
Try calling the Chetumal terminal 01 98 38 325 110 ext. 2403.

J
J
When catching an ADO bus last Septenber from Chetumal to Playa Del Carmen the agent would not except ANY credit cards and no US currency...only pesos. I was coming from three weeks in Corozal (Belize) and didn't have any pesos. It was a problem until I finally convinced one of the Vendors that the US 50.00 dollar bill was not counterfeit.

B
OP Offline
B
But you can book those trips ahead of time on the website with a US credit card. I'm just gonna be MAD if I get to Belize City and the bus is cancelled. Will try to call Chetumal tomorrow.

G
G
Just updated our travel log, to include our last trip on the ADO bus from Belize City to Cancun.

http://www.gettingtobelize.com/ADO.html

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks! Now that's what I needed! Reading now...

Hon Offline
There are _no_ exit fees when leaving Mexico! Only pay the graft if the officer stamps your FMM form for double entry and gives it back. Technically, that isn't valid either but I've never had a problem using it when re-entering Mexico and it saves the $26 it costs for another FFM.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.