Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#42156 07/17/01 11:59 PM
R
RubySue Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Will arrive in Beliz September for 2 wk vac.First visit. Am seriously considering
Belizean Shores as resort choice. New accomodation, approx. 4 miles N. of San Pedro. Does anyone have any info on this resort, this area? Also approx.how much is golf cart rental, I haven't been able to find
prices anywhere. Can they only be rented from
resort you stay at or are there general rental agencies? Thanks for any info shared.

#42157 07/18/01 11:48 AM
On this site golf cart prices are at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/help/ click on Golf Carts at the top of the page.

Most golf cart rentals are in San Pedro Town and I have heard some rentals don't want their carts going North across the river. Your resort should have info for you.
Belize it!

You can also do a search for golf cart rental on this message board.

[This message has been edited by margarita (edited 07-18-2001).]

#42158 07/18/01 03:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
RubySue,

A friend stayed there the end of June and was very dissatisfied. Specifically with the management - they were seldom in the office and couldn't be found when needed. There was no phone in the rooms - she had to go to the office to make calls (like to line up snorkel trips, make restaurant reservations, make arrangements with the water taxi). There was construction going on that woke them earlier in the mornings than they wanted to get up, and she said there were only 2 decent bikes. I don't mean to be negative, I'm only relating what she told me. I'm assuming that you know if you want to go to San Pedro or anywhere south of the cut at night you have to take a water taxi, which is $10/pp, and after 9:00pm it doubles. Some of the other resorts up that way have a free boat shuttle that goes into town 3 times a day. If you want to send me your e-mail address, I'll be glad to forward it to her for a first hand response.

#42159 07/18/01 10:22 PM
B
B
I saw Belizian Shores from the water...it looked nice. Actually, if I'm thinking of the right place it looked kind of "Miami". Of course, I've never stayed there, so I may be wrong.

ANd hey, why rent a golf cart...see if you can rent a horse. Wouldn't that be cool?

Okay, nobody start in about horse poop on the island, I'm kidding, and I've had too much chardonnay.
But, still, it would be cool.

#42160 07/19/01 08:57 AM
C
C
IslandGirl,

I'm thinking about staying there and would like to hear more. Could you pass on my email to your friend also. [email protected]

First hand knowledge is always the best.

"c"

#42161 07/19/01 11:51 PM
We were in BZE a couple weeks ago. We were supposed to stay 6 miles north of San Pedro and found it to be too isolated.

If you want to have the flexibility of walking to any restaurant, shop or palapa bar, then you might want to consider staying in town. If not, then being that far north might not be a problem.

We stay at the Palms, but Seven Seas also looked good and it is reasonably priced.

My two cents. Have a FANTASTIC time.

Loie

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
#42162 07/20/01 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
"C" - I'll pass your e-mail address on.
Loie - Seven Seas was great! VERY nice
and helpful staff.

#42163 07/28/01 11:23 AM
S
S
Maybe Island Girl's friend was having a bad day. We went last May and had a wonderful time at Belizean Shores. We rode (new) bikes everywhere. The management was very nice and always available. There was construction going on, but they told us about that in advance. We had a wonderful time.

#42164 07/28/01 02:14 PM
C
C
We just had friends get back from staying at Belizean Shores, and based on what we were told I have to agree with Sherrilou. There's some construction going on, but it seemed to them that the management was very considerate in blocking much of it. They said the view of the reef was spectacular. The swimming pool should be done very soon, and by some reports they heard it would be the largest in the whole country. Like any new resort (condos) there will be some start up rough edges, but it didn't sound like anything different than what we've experienced to some degree everywhere else on AC over the past couple years.

#42165 07/28/01 04:28 PM
I was up there about a week ago and there is still a fair bit of construction and the pool is nowhere near ready. Renting a golf cart the whole time is expensive (approx $250US a week) none of the companies will "officially" allow you that far as you are likely to breakdown and as someone has already pointed out you cannot get across the ferry after 8pm. If you are looking for total seclusion then fine but if you want to be near restaurants, bars, dive operators, etc then I would suggest somewhere closer to town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.