Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The San Pedro Town Council informs the general public that effective immediately ONLY bikes/motorbikes, golf carts (no trailers) and pedestrians are allowed to cross the bridge. This will be in effect until further notice as presently the street rehabilitation project is ongoing. The cooperation of everyone is appreciated.

What on earth does this purport to accomplish and what does it have to do with work on the street?

Captain One Iron
The road construction on the South side of the bridge has reached the last section before the bridge.
The detour around it is very difficult.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
N
N
Elbert is right and I for one am pleased with this decision otherwise that back detour section will become inpassable very quickly!

C
ctb Offline
C
Isn't this the original plan for bridge traffic? I thought when it was built it was limited to golf carts/peds/bike/motorbikes, no? Then we had the taxis added and then the large and heavy trucks. I'm glad that for whatever reason, the traffic has been limited.

It appears that enforcement of this temporary bridge restriction is spotty at best. We observed two heavy trucks carrying cut foliage/tree limbs AND a taxi (mini-van) north of the bridge today while riding our bikes.

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
S
S
I believe this is the equipment that is stationed North of the Bridge and used for grading roads. Grateful for the relief of no Taxicabs as 2 nights ago one was speeding by and completely splashed me with mud (insert angry woman icon here).

Originally Posted by SnoopysMom
I believe this is the equipment that is stationed North of the Bridge and used for grading roads. Grateful for the relief of no Taxicabs as 2 nights ago one was speeding by and completely splashed me with mud (insert angry woman icon here).

Yes, there was a large grader out north too, and the trucks with road foliage were probably associated with road improvements. But there WAS a regular mini-van taxi north of the bridge as well, despite the stated restriction on such.

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Originally Posted by BeBelize
Originally Posted by SnoopysMom

Yes, there was a large grader out north too, and the trucks with road foliage were probably associated with road improvements. But there WAS a regular mini-van taxi north of the bridge as well, despite the stated restriction on such.

Emily

That would be another way of taxi business. Taxis to the bridge, people and luggage ferried over then the northern taxis take from there. Pain in the butt saves the bridge.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Could be a good little business for an industrious type that owns a wheelbarrow or a large cart. Doesn't have to be the traveller's pain in the butt. wink Might be another tiny dent in the wallet, but worth it.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.