Re: 1st time to Belize and have questions [Re: Jimbobiker] #421834
11/12/11 05:17 PM
11/12/11 05:17 PM

F
FyreDragn
Unregistered
FyreDragn
F
You wouldn't be able to do all of those in one day, you could however split up the tours into different days. The Mayan Ruins aren't right next to Belize City as well as the Cave Tubing.

Re: 1st time to Belize and have questions [Re: Jimbobiker] #421893
11/13/11 04:16 PM
11/13/11 04:16 PM
Oklahoma
J
Jimbobiker Offline OP
Jimbobiker  Offline OP
J
Traveling back and forth by plane would get expensive. I guess its that or stay on the mainland a couple days.

Re: 1st time to Belize and have questions [Re: Jimbobiker] #421896
11/13/11 04:32 PM
11/13/11 04:32 PM
San Pedro AC Belize
Diane Campbell Offline
Diane Campbell  Offline
I have a different recommendation - stay in San Pedro and take day-tours from island tour operators - they can get you to Mayan ruins, zoo, cave tubing - in the company of good folks, in comfort and without you having to learn a host of new schedules and stuff while you are on holiday!

Thanks for your service - and stay safe til you get your toes in the sand in paradise.

R & R is us out here .......

Re: 1st time to Belize and have questions [Re: Jimbobiker] #421999
11/14/11 05:26 PM
11/14/11 05:26 PM
Omaha NE USA
buzzbean Offline
buzzbean  Offline
A big thank you to US servicemen! Your dedication and service to our home country (no matter how much we love Belize) is much appreciated!

I'll second what Diane has to say. As long as you're only planning a few mainland trips, just get to San Pedro. You can schedule day trips to the mainland from there. Yes, it may end up being a little more expensive per excursion given the travel from SP but there's absolutely no hassle. Most hotels (I think) can arrange the tours for you. Most of the tours will pick you up by boat at your hotel's dock. A couple may require you to fly to BZE. I know the Tikal, Guatemala requires this but don't know of what others.

There are many diveshops to choose from. I haven't heard anything bad about any of them, but then again I only get down once every few years.

As far as which mainland excursions to go on here are my suggestions:

Lamanai Ruins - fun boat ride to Bomba, bus to another river, then boat to the ruins. One of my favorite mainland tours.

I think you can get a package tour of a couple of things in one trip. For example, you can likely go to the zoo and Altun Ha in one trip. Or maybe cave tubing and the zoo. These package tours are available for the items relatively close to Belize City. Lamani is a full day all to itself.

Take an all day Tourneffe or Half-Moon Caye dive excursion. Some of the best dives you'll ever go on, and Half-Moon Caye is beautiful.

A fun snorkel or beginner dive excursion is the Hol Chan Cut with a stop for snorkeling at Shark/Ray Alley.

Just bring US$. Everyone accepts them. They'll give you Belize $ as change. Pay attention to the price you're paying, whether its US or Belize $.

Re: 1st time to Belize and have questions [Re: Jimbobiker] #422046
11/15/11 02:20 AM
11/15/11 02:20 AM
Oklahoma
J
Jimbobiker Offline OP
Jimbobiker  Offline OP
J
Thank you all for the help!

Re: 1st time to Belize and have questions [Re: Jimbobiker] #422657
11/20/11 07:27 AM
11/20/11 07:27 AM
Oklahoma
J
Jimbobiker Offline OP
Jimbobiker  Offline OP
J
Made it back home and I am SO looking forward to this trip! After 30+ hours of travel I am not thrilled about getting on a plane again but what awaits us is going to be worth it I'm sure!

Re: 1st time to Belize and have questions [Re: Jimbobiker] #423385
11/27/11 07:11 PM
11/27/11 07:11 PM
Oklahoma
J
Jimbobiker Offline OP
Jimbobiker  Offline OP
J
Well we made it here on Friday and have had the most awesome time! SO laid back here! Dove with Robbie and Jacks. Big Sexy was our dive master. Made the whole experience relaxed and fun. This was my 1st ocean dive. It was so worth it to get certified!

We snorkled with Mitch today at shark ray alley and Hol Chan today. Cant remember the business name on the boat. It was awesome! Too many fish to name here.

Doing the Lamanai tour tomorrow. We decided to stay on A.C. and do our tours from here. Thanks for all the good advice on here guys! I love it here!

Re: 1st time to Belize and have questions [Re: Jimbobiker] #423386
11/27/11 07:29 PM
11/27/11 07:29 PM

F
FyreDragn
Unregistered
FyreDragn
F
Glad to be able to help you out and I'm happy that you're having a really good time

Re: 1st time to Belize and have questions [Re: ] #423387
11/27/11 07:38 PM
11/27/11 07:38 PM
Wandering the USA
BeBelize Offline
BeBelize  Offline
Glad you are having a good time on our little island! We are doing Lamanai in January. Have fun!

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
January
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Marty), 273 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics73,244
Posts485,555
Members19,765
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.