Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
This will be our first time to AC, second to Belize. We did a beach/jungle trip 2 years ago with ruins, ATM cave. We want to stay on the Caye the whole trip. My husband is an avid fisherman. He dives and snorkels, I only snorkel. We both love to eat local food when we travel, from street food to fine dining. I do not really want to cook, but a kitchenette would be handy for coffee, beer and toast. This is our first no kid trip in a while and good drinks are a must! We tend to like small boutique hotels that look appropriate for the region...I don't want to feel like I am in any big city.

I am thinking of splitting the trip on AC to half the week near the town, perhaps at Caye Casa, so we can easily enjoy all the benefits/restaurants/ bars of town. Then maybe spend the other half the week someplace more isolated, like Tranquility, for the great R&R and off the beach snorkeling. Does this make any sense at all, or should I just try to make up my mind and stay at one place or the other? Are these places as good as the reviews? Any other suggestions?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Beth

G
G
Splitting can make sense, 'specially for your first time. Many places include kitchettes so that should be easy.

We are down for our 8th or 9th time 12/1- 12/11 and splitting between North and in town...

Enjoy!

B
B
Sounds like a perfect idea. And you chose two good spots to do it!

J
J
We will be at AC soon also and booked at hotel del rio. 1st time there so cant give you any personal reviews. The do have a cabana with a kitchen available last time I heard from them. We plan on flying back to mainland for tours one day and spend the rest of our time diving and relaxing.

Definetly didnt want to stay in a city.

We are returning for our 3rd trip in January. We have stayed at the same place all 3 times, Coral Bay Villas, and enjoy it. we are close enough to walk every where we want to go and they can arrange our day trips for us. So I guess it is a matter of how you want to enjoy it. Any way you chose to do it will be great cause you will be in Belize!

Beth, you will totally enjoy Tranquility Bay! Beautiful location and talk about "lay back" time, there is none better. My wife and I spent a week there last year and we should have spent TWO! Carlos, his wife and the staff are wonderful. The food is great and reasonably priced. You can snorkel from the shore to the reef safely so snorkel, snorkel, snorkel to your hearts content. Oh yea, hubby can dive there also!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you all for the feedback. What about Caye Casa as a quiet, yet close place in town? TA has good reviews, but I am still open to suggestions.

I am thinking we may need to do 4 nights at each. Now, which one first???

I am going to have to really bribe the grandparents to watch my kids...twin toddlers and a 10 year old. But I am not above begging!!!

Keep the info coming!
Beth

Caye Casa is a good little place. Great location close to town but quiet. Nice rooms and suites, small pool. Well run. Would be a good combo with Tranquility Bay (which is awesome!)

Tranquility Bay is a wonderful place, with the clearest and most beautiful ocean water that slowly laps up on a lovely beach.

I
I
Well wat I can I tell u anywhere u stay u will always have fun I live in sanpedro for d past 19 years and I love my island and plan for mainland trips I can hook u up for some great deals just contact me in my email [email protected] and my pleasur to help u

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.