Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BarCol Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi there: My family is coming to AC for the Christmas break and staying way north of San Pedro at the Costa Maya Reef Resort. While I understand from owners that there may be some maintenance and upkeep issues at the resort, my question is where can we purchase fresh fruits and veggies and fresh fish on the island. The provisioning list from the resort doesn't seem to mention those things. So can one of you AC experts help me on that one?

TIA
Barb

S
S
We have stayed at Costa Maya before. You will have to buy fruits and veggies in town before catching the boat that will take you to the resort. We bought the weekly pass for the water taxi, which gave us unlimited trips into town. The taxi runs every hour except after lunch it runs every other hour till 4PM. This way we came into town and bough what we needed.

The baker is open 7AM -7PM every day on front street for the best baked goods. Green house has great fruits and vegetables and even groceries on middle street. Superbuy on back street has great groceries on back street. They are all walking distance from the water taxi terminal.

The restaurant at Costa Maya did not open till 8AM and closed at 8PM and the food and service was mediocre at best.

The groceries they sold was expensive and not fresh.

Here is a map of AC

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

I
I
Well I have my little brother that goes fishing for
Fresh fish and other sea food if u would like I can
Give u my email [email protected] and we can hook up u with some great fish

D
D
Originally Posted by BarCol
Hi there: My family is coming to AC for the Christmas break and staying way north of San Pedro at the Costa Maya Reef Resort. While I understand from owners that there may be some maintenance and upkeep issues at the resort, my question is where can we purchase fresh fruits and veggies and fresh fish on the island. The provisioning list from the resort doesn't seem to mention those things. So can one of you AC experts help me on that one?

TIA
Barb

You can also use http://shop.matagrandegrocery.com/....If you don't have time in town to shop, and want it waiting for you when you arrive.

DC

B
BarCol Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks very much for the responses. Does the baker on Front street have a name, or is it the only baker on Front street? yamilett we may give you an email when we arrive to arrange the purchase of some fish.

thanks,
Barb

Last edited by BarCol; 11/20/11 08:51 PM.
JZB Offline
The bakery on front street is called 'The Baker'. You can't miss it.

I
I
Ok then I will give u my email is [email protected]
And I hope u enjoy when u come to the island

I
I
Hey are u on the island are u still coming still waiting in ur respond

M
M
I heard that Costa Maya was closing it's doors for good January 1st. Does anyone know if this is true or not???

M
M
January 6th, not the first. sorry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.