BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
It came as quite a surprise when I heard The Village Council is terminating Miss Louise exersize class. She has been a steady source of maintaining Belizeans health and fittness for over 10 yrs. Charging those that can pay $1.00 us a session and free to all that come that cant pay. It has been said that The Village Officials feel she has been making too big a profit over the $100, a month she pays for the buildings use. Not all the facts are in yet as I just cant see how that math works out to her benifit. I would bet if she were given the use of the building free she would give her classes for free, as the world is in an overweight epidemic she stands out alone on Caye Caulker to promote health, as she has always been on the frontline of helping this community, When Hurricane Keith hit us she set up a Shelter on her property and helped islanders for quit awhile with shelter and food.
Information is still being gathered on the reasons The Village Council will not let her use the building, so I do not want to condem them at this point as others reasons may not have been presented yet. I would really like to know if any other reasons are in the pot to stop the only affordable/free to those than cant pay exersize health program available on the entire island. Seems a sad situation. Anyone that may have ideas on a suitable replacment space to hold classes please let us know.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
G
G
I'll keep my fingers crossed and do a meditation for you all. I hate when this kind of stuff happens.

C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Gwen..Trying not to make judgments at this point, just seems the whole world is behind fighting obesity, heart desease, then we are lucky not to have to live in the whole world most of the time.

N
N
I really enjoyed her classes when I was here last March. I'm back for good now and sadly have not made it back to class but was hoping to start up again. If there's anything we can do to help the classes continue, please let us know! It sounds like she is a victim of her own success.

C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
She only has abuit 10 to 12 regular people in her class.Sometimes less. Her intent was always to give herself motavation to exersize and stay healthy, she is not in the habit of exercising on her own at home. While keeping her mind and body healthy she brought others along to do the same.

N
N
Oh! The classes were much larger this past march. I'm going to try to stop in to show support. I have to go in to the city tomorrow but maybe Wednesday? Can you remind me of the start time. Is it 4?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day