Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
Would like to buy an internet dongle for laptop for either Smart or Digicell.

S
S
This is the one you get from BTL: http://www.amazon.com/4596-3G-Mobil..._3?ie=UTF8&qid=1321839189&sr=8-3

You can save a bit buying online but by the time you pay duty and shipping you may as well get it from BTL.

P
P
The SMART one (CDMA) costs Bz$185, and there are choices of data packages. If their phone calls are anything to go by, performance will be more reliable than from Digicell - though I have no direct experience.

F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
Originally Posted by PROBUS
The SMART one (CDMA) costs Bz$185, and there are choices of data packages. If their phone calls are anything to go by, performance will be more reliable than from Digicell - though I have no direct experience.

I think this weeks San Pedro newspaper shows a $90BZ package of some kind, was curious though if anyone had one they wanted to part with before getting a brand new one.

Have you had any experience with these USB dongles?

S
S
I use the BTL one when I'm out sailing and it works fine for me.

F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
Thanks for the info everyone. I travel throughout Belize quite a bit, is the coverage area for the BTL one good?

P
P
Originally Posted by FyreDragn
I think this weeks San Pedro newspaper shows a $90BZ package of some kind

Yes, but they don't mention that you also have to buy the dongle for Bz$185. I know - I went into SMART to sign up.

As to signal strength, I find Digicell reliable when away from buildings, such as out on the water, but in town there are some dead areas. I only bought a SMART phone in addition to Digicell because Digicell doesn't work reliably in or near my house.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.