Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
AT 5:48 P.M. the Town Board has announced it will close the ONLY way to reach the North Side of the Island for Tuesday and Wednesday the two days prior to THANKSGIVING WEEKEND.

The weekend that all tourist accomadating and serving business, resorts, residents and Belizian EMPLOYEES and their families have been waiting for !!

I spoke with Mayorees Paz and she stated this is required to allow the contractor to complete the project on a time schedule.

They would not agree to postpone the project until after the holiday or to proceed with a half and half schedule to allow at least the golf carts to pass.

I was also assured that the bridge WOULD be open early Thanksgiving Morning.

Happy Holidays best wishes to our employees who will have to sit home and NOT get a paycheck because there will be no tourist to accomadate on the north end that travel from the south.

Respectfully,
Scott Harnish, Business Owner
Palapa Bar and Grill

C
C
Good luck. (I heard Gringos don't count)

B
B
I find it hard to believe that the 1000 or so tourists affected by this stupiness is a fair trade for sending Medina's crew to another job for a few weeks.
As if a schedule ever meant anything to any project this lame duck Mayor and Town Board has done.
I have a feeling this may turn violent before this is over. I hope not but you never know.
You don't even want to hear what I think off the record. Well maybe you do.

You cant please all the people all the time, use the ferry service or walk from the bridge. Exercise is good for you.....

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
E
E
Tell us !

P
P
I don't think she is a "lame duck" Mayor. I think, to quote Minister Heredia, she is "just getting on with her work". It's just that what she sees as "her work" may not coincide with many other people's views.

B
B
Originally Posted by Tracker
You cant please all the people all the time, use the ferry service or walk from the bridge. Exercise is good for you.....

Tell that to the golf cart companies that are sitting on probably 100's of reservations. Call Cholo's and ask him what he thinks.
I guess my point is why do all the businesses have to suffer because of poor or lack of planning of people who have nothing to lose.

I wonder if the cart rental companies will refund money of folks who have rented carts that will now be stranded up north? What if their trip ends before the bridge re-opens and they can't return the cart?

That's an angle I hadn't considered...nor had the town board, obviously.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
I wonder what would happen if we all went across the bridge barefoot with our dogs and walked through the wet cement???

I have never been a part of civil disobedience but there is a limit to everything.

TO WAIT UNTIL THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS TODAY TO LET US KNOW WE CAN NOT SHOP FOR THE HOLIDAY SEEMS SINISTER.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
B
My Tres Cocos source says the bridge is still open.
Maybe they were just testing the waters so to speak.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.