Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4226 10/02/00 06:11 PM
C
chuck Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I Have a wedding planned October 21st at the catholic church downtown and have 40 people staying at the yacht club.Does anyone think this can still take place?

Chuck E.
K
K
Chuck..not likely..my parents have been staying there for a month..i have been following this board for a looong time and YOU are the first time I have heard mention of the Belize Yacht club...

I was beginning to think it didn't exist..inspite of my search on the net for the club...you definately brought tears to my eyes....

Just keep watching the board...i don't even know if it's still standing

C
chuck Offline OP
OP Offline
C
CATHY-I'M hoping for the best for you and your parents-I actually live in Belize and that's where I'm writing from-right now It's just a ton of water.The latest I heard was that all the hotels were fine but the homes were taking a major beating-let you know if I here more

Chuck E.
C
chuck Offline OP
OP Offline
C
hear

Chuck E.
K
K
Thank you Chuck!! I just spoke to Canadian Sister on the phone...very positive...doesn't know much about the club at this point..but is on top of everything and will post as she finds out more...at least I feel I'm making head way...

She told me that the building was made of cement and has gone through many hurricanes..which really made me feel better!

Let me know if you hear anything at all! My email is [email protected]

THANK YOU!

C
chuck Offline OP
OP Offline
C
please let me know more if you find any new info-feel free to call-I am in belize right now-1-800-380-4647

Chuck E.
they'll be fine, they are downtown where its higher, and the damage was mostly on the back side. you'll have to talk to them about this date, once the communications are restored...

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-02-2000).]

C
chuck Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks marty-let me know if you hear more-I actually work at boom cutoff on northern highway in ladyville.If I can help you please call 1-800-380-4647

Chuck E.
K
K
well now I'm getting somewhere after 20 hours of investigating.. :-)

Chuck..nice to have talked to you..good luck with the wedding...tell mom and dad I say hi :-) (Ken & Debbie McLean)

Marty..thank you...I feel better now that I've talked to a few "real" people on the phone and recieved information that pertains to my family....

B
B
Marty is probably right. BYC is very sturdily built. They may have lost some roof tiles but other than that are probably okay.There is word on here that The Sunbreeze close to town survived so it should have also. Good luck. You will hear soon, I am sure.

[This message has been edited by Belize Mama (edited 10-02-2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.