Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
To Ambergris Caye? Been coming down for almost 10 years now. Currently going through the mental, financial, and "on the ground" process. But at what point did you just say, "yes, it's time to go?"

Brenda from East Tennessee
On our first trip we knew it was home. During the ensuing year we went back and forth on"vacations" that got progressively longer and closer together. We made the decision in January and were moved by the following December. By then we'd already purchased two parcels of land - one of them is where we live today.
It took a while to dis-assemble the stateside "stuff". We had to sell a condo, two cars, get work permits, arrange finances. I spent every other weekend diligently sorting a lifetime of things and discarding as much as possible ...... I lingered over old love letters that would eventually hit the trash, wondered if I'd ever need those fabulous angora sweaters again (no). We bought a set of furniture I was sure would be perfect in our new Belize house. We sold off our city furniture. We rented a storage place and put the last of our stuff, plus furniture in it and moved down - taking with us one duffle bag apiece with clothes, and one cat carrier apiece (with our cats). A year later, house done, life in Belize in full swing, we went to inspect that storage place - gave away the furniture we'd purchased for Belize (the stuff here is so much more appropriate), donated the last of our clothes and other things we had been unable to part with before ....... packed up books and a couple of prized frying pans - and that was that. No regrets. Wish we'd done it sooner.

B
B
I loved it the first time. Came down 3 times in 4 months and then decided to...try it for a year. That was five years ago.

I sort of went halfway in...

OP Offline
Great response Diane. Will be down to a two-short trip (Dec. 25-30; third one this year) in a couple of weeks. Will do more investigating then.

Brenda from East Tennessee
F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
I've spent 7 years in Iraq as a contractor and with my parents already been in Belize for almost 4 years, coming back to the US being unemployed and no idea if/when I'd get that job + really bad economy in the US...It was time to make that jump. Both my girlfriend and I decided to sell off almost everything we had and move to paradise and enjoy the laid back community that Belize has to offer. We love the atmosphere, weather, people, and the complete atmosphere that most of the large countries have forgotten about.

S
S
First time we cameb here was in March and we almost instantly knew it was the place. We were looking at several countries but then we stopped looking. We moved from Nashville, it took us till October to sell almost everything, still trying to Rent our house. We got here November 2 nd and it has been real easy to get involved in the community. We love it.

Surendra

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.