Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
US president declares "war" on poor countries

Barack Obama declares war to: "...combat the criminalization by foreign governments of LGBT [lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender] status..." Clinton: "The law [of Belize] does not protect sexual orientation or gender identity." "Threats to withhold foreign aid from poor countries unless they conform their laws to the views of Western radicals are unconscionable" - FRC Senior Fellow Peter Sprigg reacting to Obama

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

B
B
If it considered a violation of human rights, then that's what we do. Ask for a change before money is granted. (Well...not always...but that's how it's supposed to work)

Western radical ideas? hmmmmm....Who is Peter Sprigg?

B
B
Oh...got it. The guy who thinks homosexuals are trying to brainwash the youth of America.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by BrusselSprout
If it considered a violation of human rights, then that's what we do. Ask for a change before money is granted. (Well...not always...but that's how it's supposed to work)

Western radical ideas? hmmmmm....Who is Peter Sprigg?

It is almost never that way. All Obama is trying to do is curry favor with American homosexuals for votes in 2012. He should keep is nose in the US problems instead of maskerading as Dictator of the World.

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

I tend to be more interested in great men such as Archbishop Desmond Tutu. "The Jesus I worship is not likely to collaborate with those who vilify and persecute an already oppressed minority [...]. I could not myself keep quiet whilst people were being penalized for something about which they could do nothing, their sexuality. For it is so improbable that any sane, normal person would deliberately choose a lifestyle exposing him or her to so much vilification, opprobrium and physical abuse, even death. To discriminate against our sisters and brothers who are lesbian or gay on grounds of their sexual orientation for me is as totally unacceptable and unjust as Apartheid ever was."

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

OP Offline
Originally Posted by collyk
I tend to be more interested in great men such as Archbishop Desmond Tutu. "The Jesus I worship is not likely to collaborate with those who vilify and persecute an already oppressed minority [...]. I could not myself keep quiet whilst people were being penalized for something about which they could do nothing, their sexuality. For it is so improbable that any sane, normal person would deliberately choose a lifestyle exposing him or her to so much vilification, opprobrium and physical abuse, even death. To discriminate against our sisters and brothers who are lesbian or gay on grounds of their sexual orientation for me is as totally unacceptable and unjust as Apartheid ever was."

And I would agree to a point. !. Who says Obama is the moral authoritarian? 2. These are taxpayer's money that should be used in US national interests. 3. What about women's rights? 3. Where does this legislation / bribery of dictating morals end?

Finally, I believe in tolerance, I don't care if somebody gay or not. But I don't belive in advocacy of that lifestyle. Two very different things. Let countries like Belize make our own rules.

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

tyshepp, they have made their own rules. It is called the Constitution of Belize and it mandates a right to privacy for every Belizean. Belizeans are currently challenging a law that is out of step with the constitution and hopefully this will stop the violence, fear and sometimes suicides amongst young gay men here. Just to make it clear. This is not a moral issue. It is a human rights issue. Homosexuality is not illegal in Belize - any sex act that is considered 'unnatural' is..and within the Constitution that is not acceptable.

I can't see why governments should provide Aid to countries that violate the terms of International Human Rights treaties that they have chosen to sign - whether we're talking about the oppression of women, the exploitation of children or any other human rights issue.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

C
C
Yes you are right Collyk, certain things done in privacy between a man and woman who are married "in a church" here can be illegal (but not according to the constitution).

OP Offline
Clinton said the march for women and children's rights have been won and now it time for the gays? What planet did she come from?

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

uuuh maybe a planet where human rights counts for something.....

the gay population is hardly a negligible portion of the earths population, shall we just rule them out of any human rights considerations?

If so, who is next?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.