Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#424923 12/11/11 09:33 AM
OP Offline
About 8:15 power went out country-wide. BEL is looking for cause as I type this (brought to you by way of a big generator).

Back on about 10 minutes ago..Hurray!

Battery back up on the credit card machines pays off!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
please let that be our only tech trouble for today's fundraiser smile

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

The dsl Internet still works when power goes out so typically we can still post via cell phones and other mobile devices.

Power is fluctuating so we might have a few more outages.

OP Offline
Just came on up north.
YEA!!!!!

T
T
We are lucky ,we have dam good internet.A back up battery for the dsl box and lap top is the cats MEOW !
Beats the bag out of the old days.

Wonder if BEL determined what happened. An unplanned power outage affecting the entire country is significant. eek

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
R
R
My thoughts: Maybe where you are from it would be significant to lose power in the entire country but in a country of 350,000? They could know but it might be a technical answer that not many would understand, although it is early and maybe there will be an explanation in the news tomorrow. It may be a problem in Mexico where a lot of our power comes from, which may or may not be conveyed to Belize. It isn't exactly that uncommon here to have a power failure, so no one will demand an answer. In addition on a Sunday morning most of the populous probably didn't even realize there was a power failure.

Coincidently as I was typing this we had another outage. It is after dark and right away my cell rang from someone in town asking me to check on our generator. The difference between day and night?

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
ragman #424969 12/11/11 08:28 PM
F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
Originally Posted by ragman
Coincidently as I was typing this we had another outage. It is after dark and right away my cell rang from someone in town asking me to check on our generator. The difference between day and night?

Power went out north of the bridge as well. It was a brown-out lasting about 15 seconds before power failure. It would be really nice to get some answers as to why it goes out this often or what is being done to prevent these from happening.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 257 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.