Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42507
08/06/01 12:27 PM
08/06/01 12:27 PM
Austin, TX USA
T
Turnbun Offline OP

Turnbun  Offline OP
T
Thanks for all the suggetions! I will try to remember the flowers, Jeanne. Thanks for the luggage info, KC. I'll tell my mom to make sure she checks the luggage with the buckets. I'd hate to be stuck having all our stuff looked through. I will be sure to post a trip report when we get back. My brother's going to take digital pictures, so I'll try to figure out how to put them on the site. 23 days to go!!

Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42508
08/10/01 07:22 PM
08/10/01 07:22 PM
Baton Rouge, La., USA
B
BillandJeanne Offline

BillandJeanne  Offline
B
Turnbun - are you more excited about the wedding or the trip. Me...I was excited about the trip. It didn't hit me I was getting married until about 4 pm the day of the wedding...WHOA!
Funny about customs, they didn't look through any of our stuff, and when we had so obviously overbought in duty-free, the guy shrugged and waved us through.
Maybe it depends on who you get!

Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42509
08/10/01 09:49 PM
08/10/01 09:49 PM
Austin, TX
J
jenniee Offline

jenniee  Offline
J
Hey, it's me, Turnbun (on a different computer)! Well, let's see. I think I'm very excited about the wedding although it still hasn't totally sunk in that I'm getting married. I feel like I should feel "different" or something, but that isn't the case.
I'm VERY VERY excited about the trip! I have saved up all my vacation time for the Belize trip and a trip to Hungary we'll be taking over Christmas, so I am about as stressed as they come since I've taken no vacation this year thus far! UGH!! But only three more weeks, and I'll be drinking Belikins and panty rippers and getting a nice tan!! YIPPEE!!!!!
So you got pretty nervous right before the ceremony, huh? I'll probably have an anxiety attack or something. Better take some medicine for that - champagne???

Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42510
08/10/01 10:02 PM
08/10/01 10:02 PM
Baton Rouge, La., USA
B
BillandJeanne Offline

BillandJeanne  Offline
B
Turnbun - I started having anxiety attacks a few weeks before the wedding - just here and there for the first six weeks, but on my last day of work they threw me a shower, and I had a panic attack! I couldn't breathe, then I couldn't even LOOK at anyone, I freaked. I calmed down, but when it was time for the ceremony, I freaked...I was so afraid to look at Bill, my whole body was shaking, I felt like I was about to pass out. Then we were married and it was like nothing happened! I have felt the same as I did before we "did it" ever since. Strange....
As for medication, just about anything will do - champagne...tequila...VALIUM....

[This message has been edited by BillandJeanne (edited 08-10-2001).]

Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42511
08/13/01 07:48 AM
08/13/01 07:48 AM
Pensacola, FL
N
Nicki Offline

Nicki  Offline
N
I didn't get nervous at all. I kept thinking I would at some point. I was just so excited to be marrying the love of my life. Everyone around me kept asking, "Are you nervous?" But I wasn't, not even for a second. Walking out the door and seeing his smile for the first time that day was the best moment of my life. As for the ceremony, I cried through the whole thing, so I would recommend a handkerchief. Good luck. I know that everything will be wonderful.

Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42512
08/13/01 10:15 AM
08/13/01 10:15 AM
Austin, TX USA
T
Turnbun Offline OP

Turnbun  Offline OP
T
I am not really nervous about getting married at all. I'm certain I'm marrying "the one." I'm not really nervous about anything except that something may go wrong to prevent it from happening. That "Murphy's Law" mentality that is SO bad for you. I'm thinking positive....

Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42513
08/13/01 10:34 AM
08/13/01 10:34 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline

Marty  Offline
I love reading this. Especially after being married very happily for 25 years. Its so fun to read you guys starting off. Just remember from this married guy, it CAN get better and better. It has for us. to hell with all the horror stories. Love is grand. I even dig the heck out of my mother in law!

Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42514
08/13/01 11:21 AM
08/13/01 11:21 AM
Eugene, OR, USA
KC Offline
KC  Offline
Ditto to what Marty said. It does just keep gettin' better... for 32+ years now. Good luck to all the new brides and grooms! Have a wonderful time in Belize!

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42515
08/13/01 01:11 PM
08/13/01 01:11 PM
Dallas TX
L
little fish Offline

little fish  Offline
L
You know what, something *is* going to go wrong. It won't be what you think and it won't be something you can plan for, but with all the different pieces that have to come together, it's just inevitable. The best thing to do is go into it with the mindset that it doesn't HAVE to go exactly as you planned and it's still going to be ok. I am NOT trying to sound negative, but if you expect something - whatever it may be - to go off-kilter, you are going to be less worried about it. In the end, all that matters is that you marry the man you love, right?

At our wedding, a fire alarm went off during the middle of the reception. Fire trucks and everything. False alarm, luckily, but because we didn't freak out, most people reacted with humor. It will make a great story to tell our kids, eventually. [shoot, should have thought to get someone take pix of the trucks. missed opportunity there.]

Re: Attention all AC brides (scrivic, ybon, nicki, jeanne, etc.) #42516
08/13/01 01:23 PM
08/13/01 01:23 PM
Pensacola, FL
N
Nicki Offline

Nicki  Offline
N
That's true, something probably will go wrong. In my case, the electricity went off while we were trying to get ready. It was very hot with no air conditioning. We ended up sitting on the porch of the casita painting our toenails while they fixed the problem. It put the wedding back a little, but no big deal. I even messed up my vows. Oh well! We have something to laugh about now.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 112 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,042
Posts487,352
Members19,859
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.