Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Hello
Heading to your fine island in Feb/Mar. Looking to book fly fishing for 6-8 people (Fly fishing the flats for Permit, Tarpon, Bonefish, etc) - i am a rookie to salt water fishing but have fly fished the western states of the US for all my life.
I am leaning towards Tres Pecados to help me book the guides as i have heard good things about them.

anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

I think Tres Pecados Is a good bet.you are fishing prime time so book now ,I am a reef guy .but we have some fly guys who fish here here they know there stuff and maybe can make a suggestion
SF JEFF Who lives here and owns ROJO LOUNGE UP NORTH . is one FLY FISHERMAN ,KREHFISH is a fly fisherman They can maybe share give you some help IF THEY SEE THIS POST.?
If you want to try a day of reef go to www.fishingsanpedro.com
TIGHT LINES TO YOU AND GOOD FISHING .

Last edited by captjeff; 01/10/12 11:52 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
K
K
You're on the right track with Tres Pescado. But, as the Captain said, get on it now. 3 or 4 guides on the particular day(s) you want may be a challenge.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
Denver,

You lucky bastard, you have that BassPro out on I70! nearly 2 acres of shop dedicated to tackle ho paradise (although I know there are kick ass smaller fly shops in Denver as well).

The fly shop guys at BP seemed pretty knowledgeable about Caye waters when I visited a few weeks ago. Maybe place a call to the fly shop for some aditional input.

Local input from here is of course best tho and Krehs and Cptn's recommendations about Tres P are good ones. I recently took Krehs advice about some contacts and it looks as if its going to pan out nicely.

D
OP Offline
D
Appreciate the tips! i will look to book quickly

Where do you plan to stay? Have you alrady booked as these are popular months? El Pescador is a resort dedicated to fly fishing.
My very favorite guy (but he is popular) is Abby Marine of GoFishBelize.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
C
Jeff,

Seems like all of the fly shops around Denver have folks who have fished San Pedro so you shouldn't have any trouble getting info.

I booked with Abbie at gofishbelize.com and I highly recommend him but I'm sure there are several down there. Fair warning though you may not want to fish for trout ever again after your trip.

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the tips - in the process of booking with Tres Pescados -
From what Stan says, this will not be my last trip down??

D
OP Offline
D
Scubalady - i am staying at Casa Gonzo if you know where that is....

S
S
Can't go wrong booking with Tres Pescados... Jim (owner) is a great guy... he'll set you up w/ great guides.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.