Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I think you are doing an injustice to Belize to infer the legal system is corrupt. My experience is to the contrary and until those who feel they have been delt an injustice persue this thru the courts, I am starting to feel less sympathy for them and believe they are possibly damaging the reputation of Belize by just complaining and doing nothing more to resolve their problems by using the excuse that the system is corrupt.

PS: there was talk earlier about some of the people initiating legal action, and if that is being done, I commend them and would hope this will be resolved thru the courts and not just continue on the message board.

Last edited by bywarren; 01/10/12 11:24 AM.
I am not a supporter of Jeff Pierce - BUT - have any of you seen him lately? He has aged and is not smiling. Does he even have anything left to pay off people with? What does he have that you owners can sue him for?
I applaud those of you who persist in following up.
The more FACTS that are made public the better chance you have of getting someplace. Details are vital and you can't worry about protecting the guilty.
Good luck.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Yes, Harriette, I understand he is really showing his age. I guess when you are constantly having to hide to avoid those you have taken advantage of, it will shave a few years off of your life.
As for taking legal efforts, many are in the works, and hopefully will come to fruition in the very near future. He is quite agile in the avoidance of having any papers served to him. He hides, lies, and otherwise falls off the face of the earth whenever they try to serve him. Another way he has of playing the system. I don't know the answer, but once we can catch the slippery thief, then we will work towards recovering money, dreams, life savings, family trusts, etc. He has taken more than he will ever be able to repay. And, I think some will be happy with an admission of guilt, so he likely wouldn't have to pay for all of his evils ways. Some, however, want to see him fry.....those will have to work a bit harder. Personally, I'm not sure what I want from him, other than for him to fade into the sunset, never to be heard from again. To expect more than that would be a pipe dream. I just want him to stop. Once and for all, and admit that he is a jerk, and admit that he has taken advantage of people who have trusted him. But, I wouldn't be opposed to watching him fall on an ant hill, smothered with honey!!! Just saying!

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
B
B
Bywarren...it may be wrong to suggest the government is corrupt, but inept in mho would not out of the question. The owners have been diligent in trying to work with JP to resolve issues such as title transfer, necessary upgrades and development completion for almost 2 years, guess what we have accomplished? Squat!! He has continually defied positive proposals by the owners and the government agencies have continually stonewalled and failed to support the owners while appearing to support the positions of the developer. There are approximately 140 villa/condo owners and an estimated 400 timeshare owners, you would think the government would work in the best interest of these 500+ purchasers...if so, why is status of the resort in exactly the same place it was 2 years...in part by the actions or should I say the inactions of the government to man up and protect the interests of purchasers!! Purchasing in Belize was my dream and that of all RV owners. The developer has grossly failed to meet the expectations of owners, abused his position of trust and turned purchasing at Reef Village an absolute nightmare for most therefore "stealing our dreams".

Hows about a hundert or so of yas sho up En Masse With paperwork and take it over.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
baartman: I will not defend or even have much positive to say about the government of Belize. My comments were that I have found the legal system in Belize of be fair and it appears this is where the owners need to take their case.

We have taken over the daily operations, forming a HOA, hiring a mgmt company, and this company is doing an amazing job. We have law suits pending against him, and hopefully the time share group will also gather together and start legal proceedings against him. I want his empire to fall. I know it's personal, but I just can't help it! He is what a slime ball is made of! And, you ALL know i used to be his biggest supporter, I used to fight battles for him, I always gave him the benefit of the doubt. Not anymore!

Anyone who is still involved with him is either afraid, in a financial agreement with him, or just can't see him for the person he really is!
We have also pulled our units out of the rental pool, and don't give him any HOA fees or utilities. He isn't getting a penny from most of us.

I just thank the gods that we didn't go up to hear the RV timeshare spiel when we were begged and cajoled OVER AND OVER again by the aggressive RV salespeople on our first trip to San Pedro in May 2010. They were camped out right beside The Phoenix, where we were staying, so we got the full sales pitch every time we left our unit.

We talked to a nice young couple when we were here vacationing who had gone to RV for the timeshare presentation, and although they didn't bite, said it was VERY convincing, and they almost felt sorry that they didn't go for it, since the RV marketeers made it seem like heaven on earth there, and that they'd be insane not to go for it -- that there was no way to lose. Ha!

My sincere sympathies for all of you who are having to battle JP now to get what you paid for. What a horrible way for your dreams to end up. frown

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
S
S
Originally Posted by bywarren
I think you are doing an injustice to Belize to infer the legal system is corrupt. My experience is to the contrary and until those who feel they have been delt an injustice persue this thru the courts,.....

I would love to believe in this "paradise-view" of circumstances in Belize - unfortunately it seems very different to me.

Just one example: JP stopped to pay Belizean workers on certain occasions and these people (many of them fathers of families with many kids) could not pay their rent anymore and got in very big trouble. They went to labor office in San Pedro and labor office didn't move a finger. Many of them still don't have their money! JP himself told me (and I cannot say if it's true or not - but he told me!) about commitment of politicians to his projects.

So, Bywarren, it's good that you're dreaming of something that might perhaps one day be reality but I suppose that we're very far from this status!

Again another beautiful day in paradise - just smile and be happy :-)
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.