Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Very nasty rumors are circulating around town that Yakarelis Hernandez has been stripped of her title as Miss San Pedro 2011-2012. Chatter on the street from foul mouths and even malicious websites are stating that Miss San Pedro has been 'derelict in her duties' and has been asked to hand back her crown and monies/prizes won at the Miss San Pedro Pageant.

"Clearly this is misconstrued information that has been posted online and spread as bad rumors," commented San Pedro Town Administrator Patty Tillett who is in charge of the Miss San Pedro Pageant Committee at the moment.

Mrs. Tillett confirmed to Ambergris Today that Miss San Pedro Yakarelis Hernandez has not broken any rules or done anything wrong to be stripped of her title.

Click here for the rest of the story in the Ambergris Today

I hate the internet sometimes. Congrats again to Ms Hernandez and all the young women who part of the pagent.

This is what I posted on Facebook regarding the situation.

Education and family comes first always. Miss Yakarelis Hernandez has taken an opportunity to further her education abroad but don't worry - Christine Syme will do a fantastic job as first runner up of the Miss San Pedro contest and will be able to take on the position and complete the term - that is what a 1st runner up is for! None of this change over should be about haters or dissing any of the participants of the pageant. The young ladies entertained us with a fabulous show and Yaka has been amazing in her duties. Now that she is off the island for a prolonged period of time I have no doubt that Christine will be able to take up where Yaka left off and San Pedro will continue to have a worthy beauty ambassador. Christine was also voted Miss Congeniality by the participants, organizers, trainers and photographers - she will be humble, proud and honoured to represent her home town of San Pedro - La Isla Bonita.

How in the world did all of the 'stripped of her title' and 'derelection of duties' make it into this situation? I agree Amanda, with all you've said on this subject.

P
P
I'll give you one guess......................

B
B
She is such a sweet girl. I hate that anyone thought anything negative about her. I saw her at a bunch of different events doing her "duty". Crappy.

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 403 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,042
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.