Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#428032 01/16/12 06:23 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I will be vacationing on Ambergris Caye the week of March 11-18. This will be my first trip to this area and am curious as to what a few good restaurants might be?,what kind of shopping there is?,where could i donate nike soccer balls for the local kids?,and will we be able to drink the water and not get sick or is it best to have bottled water? Thanks for taking time to answer this simple southern boys questions

D
D
Hey clutchcargo, Check a couple topics on page 4 of this site. One is labeled Restaurants and another is best seafood places in March. This will give you a good start. We're visiting at the end of March. This is a great site to find out whatever you need to know. Dawg

The harder I work the luckier I get.
The water won't get you sick but I was always told it's not the greatest flavor. Never tried it so honestly don't know myself. I just have a case or two of bottled water waiting for me in my hotel room.

R
R
clutchargo, The water will not get you sick and the taste of the water will vary according to where it comes from and your location. In the city you have the city water supply which comes from a main RO plant through pipes to your resort. Other areas use cisterns to catch rain water and/or RO's to make water. The over all quality of water on the Island is good. If the taste does not agreee with you, bottled water is available and is relatively cheap. You do not have to fear the water and I drink from the tap all the time.

Water technogy has come a long way at vacation destinations in most the Western Hemisphere, at least, and is no longer the problem it once was. It doesn't hurt to ask the question though. And drink the bottle water if you prefer but there really is no need to use bottle water to brush your teeth; wash dishes or anything like that.

Have a good stay.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 227 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.