Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42825 08/10/01 10:53 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Hello, I am new to the board and am doing some research for a future trip. We are a party of four; two snorklers and two beach lovers. I am hearing the beaches there are not that great at all, I hope this is not true. When is the best time to come Feb or July are our choices. We are also looking for a good place to stay thats not too far from town, but not AIs please. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

#42826 08/10/01 11:10 AM
Tropi-gal
What you heard about the beaches is only partly true. The beaches are gorgeous in many areas. Nice sand. Some are wide with lovely palm trees overhead. The part you may be confused about is the sea grass in the shallow water. It's difficult to just "walk in" from the shore. Rest assured, most of the hotels have docks that go out past the sea grass and have areas for swimming off the docks. Some even have artificial reefs so you can snorkel just off the end of your dock area. The water is crystal clear, and there are many critters that come in close. The reef is visible from the beach. It's a 5 minute boat ride from shore. You can't technically swim to it, due to boat traffic, but it's definatley an awesome reef. There are endless possibilities on where to stay. Give us some more details on what you are looking for. Also go to the top of this page and click on "lodging". You will find all the information you could possible want. Do your homework, then hit us with specific questions. We would love to help.
Oh, and there are NO AI's on Ambergris. Not in the sense that you may be familiar with. Some have meal packages due to more remote areas, but not like Cancun......
Debbie

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 08-10-2001).]

#42827 08/10/01 11:22 AM
B
B
Most beaches, as nature intended, have turtle grass that make wading in 'icky' as the sandy bottom is a little muddy. This is easily remedied by using the dock and entering there by jumping or using the common steps. The ceaches themselves are ususlly well-maintained with plenty of chairs, hammocks, shade, and space. Because if the tropical environment the jungle grows right to the water's edge unless maintained; and they are beautifully maintained. While fairly narrow the beaches ar ewonderful and you can stroll the entire length from the cut to several miles south of town. Maya beach on Placencia peninsula is long and and postcard perfect. If you have time and money [and wish to be in a coma-inducing environment] consider that.
Of course, the Winter season is more pricey, yet busier. That's how I likeit, a bustling atmosphere, and no worries of hurricanes as in the summer.
Lastly as such a desirable place to vaca and live, AC and Bze provide a good value at any location that I am aware of. The copmpetition is too stiff; if youur lodging or services are not high quality, you will not be in business long. In short if the internet sites look/sound good they probably are.
I like the Caribe Island resort 3 mi south of town. On the high end and too far too walhk although they provide bikes and free shuttles. With [I assume] 2 couples would you want to be closer in so there is more flexibility?
Frank

#42828 08/10/01 12:32 PM
J
J
tropi-gal, we were in AC this past July. We prefer travelling in low season as rates are better and less people traveling means easier to do what you want to do. We stayed at the Paradise Villas, which are nice condos on the north edge of town. Nice units, lovely pool, good location if you don't want to have a long walk or require a golf cart. PV has a dock to swim from and it's a short walk to Amigos del Mar and you can swim off their dock, which I understand is very nice.

Really, I don't think you can go wrong just about any place.

#42829 08/10/01 12:35 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Sounds better and better, You are right we need to be flexible, I am interested in seeing some ruins and some nature,while our friends mostly hang on the beach.Thanks for the tips. In Jamaica they say soon come!! hopefully soon come to AC

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.