Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Kennedy Flores - a resident of Caye Caulker - is alleging police brutality. He claims that he was manhandled by 2 off duty police officers. The incident happened on Wednesday night on the street in front of Flores's home. Flores told 7news that he got into an argument with a female island resident, who, he says, came to his residence looking for trouble.

But before he could carry on to the police station to make a report, the woman's boyfriend - who is a police officer and was off duty - showed up and began dragging him around. He told Monica Bodden what happened.

Kennedy Flores
"He came from behind me and dragged me off my bike. I landed on the street and I got all these marks. My face is all mess up and they gave me like 5 charges for what I don't know. For obscene language and threatening words. Anybody can threaten anybody, which in they don't mean what they are saying because they are being violated. So you could say anything to please yourself, which in I had already drank a couple of beers and so did they."

Monica Bodden
"So this woman came to your house. You guys had an exchange of words. She was hitting you?"

Kennedy Flores
"She hit me but I didn't hit her back, I just tried to hold her hands of avoiding her hitting me because I am not a fighter. If I had hot her she would have been knock-out. I don't like to fight. I lived in Caye Caulker for years, I don't get in fights. I get into talks, my mouth is my weapon because I don't talk about what I don't see, I talk about what I know."

Monica Bodden
"After she began hitting you like you said. You try to get on your bike and ride off to the police station?"

Kennedy Flores
"I walk out of the house and jump on the bike, try to give a report and there they come behind me without me knowing."

Monica Bodden
"Two off-duty police officers?"

Kennedy Flores
"Yes."

Monice Bodden
"One who is her boyfriend?"

Kennedy Flores
"Yes, they slam me off my bike and I landed on my shoulder and my face trying to handcuff me."

Monice Bodden
"Were you trying to resist arrest?"

Kennedy Flores
"How can I resist arrest when they had me on the ground? I can't do anything; both of them were on me. My wrists are all bruise up because they put the handcuff really tight on my hands and they wanted to lock me up in the cell with the cuff on my hands. They still lock me up until the next morning."

Kennedy Flores was charged with using insulting words, boisterous behavior, harm, use of threatening words and resisting lawful arrest. He was granted bail of 3 hundred dollars and is to appear back in court on the 24th of January. Meanwhile, he told us he has made an official complaint to police. The Police Press Officer told us he doesn't know about the incident.

Channel 7

W
W
We have seen this in the past. When are you guys going to straighten out your police force on that island??? You all must have seen the International news of the 5 cops that beat up and killed the Canadian guy who was visiting his home town in Grenada, West Indies. Wasn't that something???? You want to end up on world news??? Do something about those kind of people on Caye Caulker - or you will get a bad name and that = no tourists.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day