Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Tacogirl:

I was recently captivated by a Jedi kitesurfer and enjoyed an incredible show as you will see in my video - he dock and building hopped. He was absolutely incredible.

Here's the whole story:
https://tacogirl.com/jedi-kitesurfing-san-pedro/

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Kitesurfing - Azul Resort, Ambergris Caye

This video is of Kitesurfing from Azul Resort, Ambergris Caye.

B
B
Looks brilliant, I've been power kiting for nearly 5 years now and have just bought my first set of gear to take it to the water. Just need lessons before I hook myself up to my 12m Cabrinha wink

Are there many people who kite surf in Belize?

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

A Kite Boarding Guide to Ambergris Caye, Belize - Information, Tips and Lots of Inspiration

Not one of the five pro kiters we know suggested going to Belize to kiteboard. We already had our doubts about the reliability of wind there and this lack of endorsement certainly contributed to our concerns. But since this trip was for our 8 and 9 year old daughters' spring break we put our selfish motives aside and chose Belize. To kiteboard AND because of the wide variety of activities that Belize offers.

My husband's and my last two kite trips with friends to the Cayman Islands last winter and Turks and Caicos earlier this winter were filled with frustrating to non-existent wind. This time we would travel with low expectations and a positive mindset to explore the country in other ways, wind or not.

The first thing I felt upon landing from the bumpy, bouncy (good sign) short flight on Tropic Air from Belize City to Ambergris Caye was my hair wildly blowing in every direction (very good sign).

I saw everything I could have wanted and the beauty and wind of the island far exceeded any expectations and wishes I had. I was more than satisfied.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more photos on San Pedro Scoop!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.