Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
A
Help!! We're scheduled to leave Minnesota tomorrow for AC and we are undecided what to do about the hurricane. Any suggestions from the local people would be helpful. Is the news media just hyping the storm? Do the local reports indicate that the hurricane is heading that way? Advice---should we reschedule? We hate to do that but want to dive.

I'd just go, cause we got a good shot last year, so by the odds we aren't due for awhile. Hopefully it will keep moving fast...

A
A
Cap'n aren't you a diver? What would dive conditions be like if the storm comes close? Stupid question to you I'm sure but we don't get hurricanes in Minnesota.

Chantal's track is not a typical track of a storm likely to hit Belize. I personally think it that even if it picks up steam it will veer north and not have much impact on Belize. ... But only Nash Roberts in New Orleans can be trusted to predict hurricanes.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I'm a diver, and i don't plan around storms. they are far too random.

if it came super close, it might impact dive conditions, but odds are it will not.

Hi Folks,
Idiots like this who have never been in a serious storm [#%!] me off.
this nitwit works for CNN--

"It's a tropical storm now, but it's
struggling," said Michael Formosa, a forecaster at the National Weather Service in Miami, Florida.
"We're not really impressed with the satellite imagery ... you know, it's not as organized as you would like to see it, especially if it's supposed to be strengthening to a hurricane."

Send Mike Formosa here to help me board up windows for the rest of the weekend.
Rick-Cheri--
It is impossible for this storm to miss us-
the question is where will the eye go--north or south.

Jim--Tres Cocos

Jim
Hey Jim-- Rick here-- it will go north of you all and probally just pass by Cancun and head towards TX... No problem for you all except for high tides, due to that you will be east of the storm... Let me know if there is anything I can do on my side up here.. Thanks, Rick

H
H
Chantal has slowed down, strengthened and is better organized. The satellite view is beginning to show an organized eye.

At 0900Z/5am EDT 19Aug
15.5N/78.6W moving W 12mph/19km/hr
Max sustained wind 65mph/100km/hr
Estimated central pressure 994mb/29.35 inches
Next Advisory issued at 8am EDT

Belize is under the Tropical Storm Watch.
Tourists are being evacuated from the cayes.

I am praying it will turn. To the traveler departing Minnesota, suggest you remain on the mainland of Belize and not venture to the cayes until her movement is certain.

Good Luck !

B
B
We are watching this storm and are taking it very seriously. We have moved all of our smaller boats and are making the decision to move the bigger dive boats today. From the weather reports and the satellite pictures this morning it looks like there is a good chance the storm or some portion of it may come our way if it slows down which it has as of this morning.
After Keith last year, no one is going to take any chances and everyone is taking extra caution to be prepared. These storms are so unpredictable and can turn anyway anytime.
We are keeping our fingers crossed that it moves north but are not betting on it.

Mike & Dawn O'Connor www.barefootwatersports.net

A
A
Thanks Hunter. Took your advice and rescheduled our trip. We hope this is an unnecessary precaution. We hope to regret our decision and that the storm breaks up. Hope everyone remains safe!!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.