Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

On Wednesday, four Dangriga residents reported to our newspaper that they had seen a strange flying object over the town on Tuesday night, around 8:00.

The officials in charge of Belize's Department of Civil Aviation and the Belize Defence Force have both told our newspaper that they know of no authorized flyovers in that part of the country for the reported date and time, and because the country's radar does not operate outside Civil Aviation's working hours, there is no such record to confirm a flight over Belizean airspace.

Wayne Thompson, a bank security guard who works in downtown Dangriga, told us Wednesday morning that he was on the job that night when he saw something like a circle in the sky, and a bright yellow light was radiating from underneath. He said that he saw the object move from side to side for about a half an hour, and it was moving at the speed of lightning, he told us.

"It looked like a spaceship to me," said Thomspon.

Greg Francisco told us that he, too, saw the strange flying object, coming from the north and moving southward. It stopped and hovered, but later disappeared from view. Francisco said that he was at home in Lakeland, Dangriga, when he saw the object around 8:30 that night.

The lights, he said, were bright yellow. The object was shaped like a bucket turned upside down.

"I don't know what it was and where it came from," he told us-not assuming it was a spaceship.

Francisco said that the sky was clear that night, and he saw the object appear and disappear three times. When it hovered, it did so for about 15 to 20 minutes, he recounted.

At one point, he said, the flying object just sped off; then it stopped for a while before it moved westward and disappeared. It later reappeared and then moved in a north-south direction.

"It's scary, very scary! These men [who saw it] were at different locations," said Robert "Regal" Velasquez, who did not see the object himself, but brought it to Amandala's attention.

Enrique Leiva said he was riding on one of the back streets of the town when he saw several people looking up into the sky. He said that the brightly lit bucket-shaped object was hovering at mid-level when he saw it shortly after 8:00 p.m. He said that he watched it glide for about a minute, and when he rode off on his bicycle, he looked back to see if it was still there. The object made no sound, Leiva reported.

Oscar Ramirez, an elder and businessman of Dangriga, confirmed the sighting.

"At first I thought it was a chopper, but it was too high," said Ramirez.

He told our newspaper that he also wondered whether he was seeing a comet.

Ramirez said he only saw the object for a few seconds, appearing and disappearing; it was stationary for a while then it disappeared. He told us that he had never seen anything like it before.

Amandala

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
UFO sighting in Dangriga

A UFO sighting was reported in Dangriga. According to the Amandala newspaper, on Wednesday of this week, four Dangriga residents reported that they had seen a strange flying object over the town on Tuesday night, around 8:00. Officials of Belize's Department of Civil Aviation say they had no knowledge of any such thing. The witnesses say that the object was like a circle in the sky with a bright yellow light radiating from underneath. Witnesses also said that the object moved from side to side for about a half an hour, and hovered for 20 minutes at a time. One witness even said that it looked like a space ship to him.

PLUS TV

Probably just a few more aliens dropping in to register to vote.

But seriously, UFO type sightings have been reported out here on AC in the past as well, and by some sober intelligent folks. Daytime sightings - I'd say something is up there.

S
S
BDF Air Wing?

swamp gas...but inhaled by the viewer!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
But seriously, UFO type sightings have been reported out here on AC in the past as well, and by some sober intelligent folks. Daytime sightings - I'd say something is up there.

Ha! and just how many sober intelligent folks are there on AC?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
E
E
Me ???? Ask around. My references; Tim, Norm, Dee, Pedro, Jerry, Jesse, KLC, Norm, Pedro, Norm, Norm, Casey,............

I was a passenger on that flight great to see all the fine folks.

Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
Probably just a few more aliens dropping in to register to vote.

Now that gave me a good belly laugh.

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.