Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Ok, so i have my ticket that has me in Belize for almost a year. WHAT DO I TELL THE IMMIGRATION PEOPLE? I am planning on just renewing my tourist visa every month and then maybe heading to guatemala for a week when the 6 months hit. But is that what I tell them? ANY ADVICE PLEASE<

Belize Immigration is only going to give you a maximum of 30 days on your visitor card, no matter what you tell them. Sometimes they'll give you 30 days automatically, and other times if they think you are going to be staying a short time they may only give you two weeks.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
M
OP Offline
M
So do I just say, give me 30 days and I will come back then? Or should I try and just say I will only be there 30 days and not show my return ticket?

You won't have to show your return ticket. Technically you're supposed to have one but I've never seen a tourist asked for one. Just hand the Immigration official your passport and visitor card which you'll get on the plane or at the desk when you're leaving the U.S., and hold your ticket jacket. If asked how long you're staying, say about a month. Before your leave the desk, look to be sure that the official gives you the full 30 days. (Note that the way dates are written in Belize is day-month-year, not the U.S. format. If not, ask politely for 30 days. Really it's not a big deal. You have the right to be in the country for 30 days and the right to renew your entry card.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.