Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Day 2: ARRRGGGHHH!!! What's that blinding light??? Blimey! The Sun is up already! Well blow me down...we only went to bed a couple of hours ago! After hitting the island like a hurricane, today is all about ....RECOVERY!

Today is golf cart/explore the island day. Good thing, because we're all still pretty buzzed from our whirlwind trip around San Pedro last night. We crawl out of bed, pop a few aspirins, and head down to Lily's. I'm on a mission to have lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Man, it's hot...and the humidity is 1000000% higher than Denver...I'm sweating precious Belikin. We plop down at Lily's and I go for it...lobster omelet and fry jacks......WOW!!! I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW! Yummy!

Next we get our golf cart. Kathy just finished walking 60 miles the weekend before we left, and there's no way in hell ANY of us are in any condition to walk in this heat today after our shenanigans last night! Kathy is the designated driver, which lasts about 5 min. Now the Pirate's steering ...YEE HAW! Narrow streets, pedestrians, cars, bicycles...much more fun than driving in Denver rush hour, just bumpier! Kathy has a massage appt with Vicki Campbell at 11. Do I know how to get there??? No problem, mon! I'll find it! Folks, the SHE-DEVIL has had many massages, but none better than the one Vicki gave her...she came outta there a totally new person! She really needed this as she cramped up pretty bad on the plane trip down, plus she's not much of a drinker...so we prayed that Vicki would come through for us and she did...if you're in need, call her at: 026-2679 or 016-4088 (cell), you'll be glad you did!

While Kathy's getting a new outlook on life we travel south of San Pedro. We see Casa Gonzo, along with all sorts of new construction right beside hurricane damage (not the pirate hurricane!). Iguanas scurry across the road...way cool! We travel about as far south as we can go when I hear this mantra coming from Doug.....Bloody Mary! Bloody Mary! No problem...I head to Mata Rocks! Their beach bar is known as the Squirrel's Nest. Very Cool little place! In fact, the whole place looked to be sporting a new coat of paint and sits on a very nice stretch of beach right next to Banana Beach...well worth looking into. Doug gets his Bloody Mary spicy...HOO WEE! I go for it...Mata Colada please! On a hot day like this...boy, did that hit the spot! Jackieo looks at us like we're crazy, she's sipping on water... (she'll later get very hooked on the Mata Coladas, sucking them down in rapid succession!)

Back to pick up my rejuvenated wife, and on up to Sweet Basil for lunch. Excellent food! You guessed it ....Lobster!!! I had a salad that had lobster and shrimp (more like jumbo prawns!), Kathy has a lobster salad stuffed in a tomato...succulent! Oops! Where did the time go? Back into town we go...this time Kathy is getting an attitude adjustment from a chiropractor! (Now listen up ye scalleywags...treat yer wench right at the beginning of the trip...and she's butter in yer hands all week!)

Oh man, I almost forgot...we're supposed to meet a bunch of people from the board at Ramon's tonight! We head back to Seven Seas to freshen up, and then back to Ramon's sans Doug (he's napping!). "Anybody here lookin' for the Pirate?!" No one answers. Uh oh! We're late. We order a drink and hang around a bit...finally I write "PIRATE" on a bar napkin and stick it on the back of my neck. Pretty soon people start pointing and whispering to one another, finally building the nerve to approach. We meet Lupay, Little Wolf, Island Boy, JMK and her fiancé, and I'm sure I'm missing someone...Sorry! But the Pirate has had a few brain cells walk the plank! Very nice folks...all of them! (Especially jmk, who said I looked nowhere NEAR 40!) We all decide to meet up at Fido's after dinner for some drinks.

Off we go to fetch Doug from his beauty sleep and back to Fido's where we had decided to dine. We had the pleasure of being served by Rosie, who said "Welcome to Belize" every time someone ordered rice and beans as a side to their order. Well, we just loved the way she said it so we all ordered it! By the time she got to me she was cracking up! Dinner is good. Not as good as Papi's, but good. Pretty soon folks from the board start to gather, and we chat, drink and listen to reggae. We make it to bed about three hours earlier than the previous night....for tomorrow, we go fishing!

M
M
Hey Pirate!

Way cool!! Your trip reports really make us want to go back NOW!!! Your trip sounds much like all of ours ... and we aren't getting anywhere close to tired of AC ... it is much bigger and busier than when we first discovered it in 95, but it is still the BEST! Glad you had such a great time, and we can't wait for day 3 !!!

Cheers!
Mark and Mary
M [Linked Image] M

Great report Pirate. Don't ya just love Papi's and Sweet Basil's. When you do go back to Belize, try a burger at Sweet Basil. Better than any I had here in the US.

[This message has been edited by Becky_bound_for_Belize (edited 08-20-2001).]

Vicki IS definately FABULOUS!!! I was a limp noodle when she was through and was in a pleasant mood for DAYS.... I highly recommend her as well..... Even hubby tried a massage. He was slightly intimidated, (frightened about popping a tent) but Vicki was great at calming his fears.....
He fell asleep!!!!! Vicki said that was a compliment, so he didn't feel to sheepish..... It's a MUST DO while in San Pedro!!!
Debbie

R
R
Hey Over_40.
Too bad we missed you, we would have had a great time.
Here is my trip.
We arrived at AC, went to El Pescador, had our welcome Rum drink, set up our fishing gear, ate supper went to bed( ya, you can tell we are big partiers, right?!?!)
Next day had breakfast at 6:15 , then went fishing 'til 5:00. No fish but still a great time. Took a shower, ate supper, drank a lot of one barrel drinks. Met up with Jim. He's the "guest relations" guy at Pescador. Really cool person. Anyway, did the same thing the next day. Day 3 we went snorkelling at Hol Chan. Great time, lots of fish and O.K. coral. Lots of people and bait to feed the sharks/Rays. Went to town and did the tourist thing, shopped and drank heavily, then ate at Fidos. Great food and we met Rosie also.
Did more fishing/drinking/sleeping until Tuesday the 7th. We went on the cave tube trip into Belize. What a ride. It was incredible. The Rainforest was sooooo cool. We Americans have a lot to learn about medicinal plants, thats all I have to say about that.....
We then went to the Belize Zoo. Cool place, much nicer than I expected. The zoo was started from the abandonment of the animals from the movie "Mosquito Coast" w/Harrison Ford. Cool!!
Long drive back home.
Thats when we were supposed to meet you guys at Ramons but were too pooped to pop.
Wed. we fished , then went to the Dockside Bar for Ladies Night. Got completely #$%@^'d since it was out last night at AC. There was a guy there that used to/ wants to be a girl, couldn't really tell what he/she was.
Got stuck in that tremedous rain/hurricane wind until 12:30 a.m. Get this, Dave, our water taxi guy left the dock at 11:30 p.m. when the rains came in. He then returned at 12:45 to make sure we had a way home. He got an extra big tip. He knew we couldn't even stand up straight at that time.
Left the next morning to head back to Maine and got stuck in a horrible fatality car accident just as we went on the MaineTurnpike. Stuck there for 3 1/2 hours.

Overall, excellent trip. We will return someday soon. My wife will accompany me this time..................
How about the runway at the Municipal Airport. Did you get a chance to use it. WOW, Way too small for my liking. When we took off, I swear the tires dipped into the water as we just lifted off in time. Don't know how those pilots do it.

PEACE to all that I was to meet at Ramons.

[This message has been edited by R9986 (edited 08-20-2001).]

OP Offline
HAHAHAHA!!! We were at Dockside Bar Wed night too!!! That was SOME storm, huh?

R
R
40, that was awesome. I thought the place was gonna crash into the ocean. Where were you sitting at Dockside. We were outside on the deck to the right in the back. If you were next to us , I'm gonna scream. BLIMEY ! ! ! A Scalleywag in our midst ! !

You weren't the one dressed like a girl?LOL... It's rumored you like to go over the edge HA HA HA, you know those Belikins will do that to you.
If you were outside near the bathrooms around 12:30 a.m., we were the ones having a "fatty" with the locals......we were celebrating the fact that Dave came back to get us. The locals were quite cordial [Linked Image]

D
D
oh.... he was the one awright!! Pirate.... they found you out dude!!!! lol......

and, uhm what day was it that you visited the men's room with brother Doug using it.... WITH YOUR VIDEO CAMERA??!?!? yes, guys.... we had to watch video of that!!!!! sheeeesh!!!

D
D
great report Pirate.... so glad we got to see it via video and pix. i especially loved some of the views [Linked Image]
can't wait to visit myself!!

[This message has been edited by diann (edited 08-20-2001).]

OP Offline
R99...we were pretty damn close! We were on the deck, straight ahead as you walked out from the dance floor!

Uh...sorry to disappoint. I'm wild and crazy, but not THAT wild and crazy!

Diann...that was at Caye Caulker after drinking many rum punches for breakfast!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.