Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
COJeff Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows of any good cheap places to stay on Caye Caulker...

Are there any places that rent out hammocks, or cabana type huts out on the water?

I'm having trouble finding anything like that online for Caye Caulker.

Thanks!

D
D
Not online.How cheap is cheap?

C
COJeff Offline OP
OP Offline
C
$7-50 a night. I know that's kind of a big range.. smile

The thing is, is I'm going to be on Ambergris from March 15th to the 20th and want to head to caulker for a few days and see what I can find (I leave Belize the 26th)...I've heard of 2-3 day sailing trips that go to a bunch of different islands. Basically I want to wing it and see what my options are...but since its spring break everything seems to be getting booked up. Do you think I'd have a hard time just cruising in and seeing what's available at that time? Any recommendations on where to rent a hammock for a night or 2?

Also do you know of any dive shops that will access glovers atoll for the day?

sorry for all the questions. I normally wouldn't be worried, but its spring break.

D
D
Spring break is not a big deal here and there are more than twenty hotels in your range, starting at $12 for a small clean room with shared bath on the sea at the Miramar.

M
M
you could also try Yuma's (formerly Tina's). Beds start at $12.50US a night for a shared room.
http://tinashostel.blogspot.com/2011/09/yumas-house-belize.html

M
M
You might also try Colinda's. I am friends with the owners Colin and Linda. Budget cabana's start at $25 a night. The cabanas are set back on the lot, but have beach access and a dock. It is a farther walk to town, but not too far.

http://colindacabanas.com/products.html

D
D
Mike your fuzzy screen is having a bad effect on Diane who is one of my favorite posters.

M
M
Apparently I had set an avatar when I first signed up. I have never even seen it since then, but I did find that setting and disabled the avatar. Let me know if it works cuz I cannot see it!

D
D
Thanks amigo it is fixed.Why dont you put one of you on a white horse supporting CC? We need some more like you.

C
COJeff Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for your help guys!

So I'm thinking I'll just cruise to the island and wing it from there.

I only ask because people have been telling me to make sure I get everything booked up before I get there. But that is mostly in regards to Ambergris Caye I think.

I'm assuming then that I wouldn't need to book any dives ahead of time, or fishing trips?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day