Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#43169 08/20/01 07:36 PM
G
Gaelen Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I've gotten such great info from this site, both from current topics and searching the archive, thanks to all!

I have a quick question -- I think we've narrowed down the choices for our March stay to either Banana Beach or Tropica Beach Resort. Tropica is a little pricier but that photo of the ocean-view pool is luring me in.
I've read great things about both places on this board, any opinions as to which is better?
We don't care about air conditioning or fancy amenities really, just want a place that's quiet, pretty, and comfortable. Thanks in advance!

Gaelen
Concord, CA

S
S
Both resorts are nice. Tropica Beach has a restaurant and no kitchen facilities. Banana Beach has no restaurant and rooms offer full kitchens.

They are both good choices, I do not think you will be dissapointed in either, the Island should be back in buisness very soon, ....like tomorrow, this was just a scare, everyone handled it very well, it could have been a different story.

Reality..What a concept!
In my opinion, there's really no comparison for anyone who's actually stayed at or visited both places -- Banana Beach by a mile. Suites at Banana Beach are two or three times larger than Tropica's rooms at around the same price or only a little more, and staff is friendlier and better. Not that Tropica is bad, but that Banana Beach is better. The only place where Tropica has it over Banana Beach is the pool. Banana Beach's pool is in the interior courtyard which makes it less appealing, and a bit chilly in winter. Banana Beach doesn't have a restaurant but several places, including Tropica, are within a short stroll.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
N
N
Definitely Banana Beach! You can't beat the wonderful staff there and the view from the ocean front suites is amazing.

H
H
I'd go with BB too! We stayed there last year in March and I agree with all that's been said about facility and staff. Even if your idea of vacation is not cooking, it's great to have a kitchen available. We did breakfast and some lunches there (small Mom & Pop store right across the street, 2 larger grocery stores in town). You won't be disappointed with Banana Beach!

B
B
Definitely BB. We stayed for a month and a half last winter and loved it! Lan Sluder is right that the courtyard pool is cooler, but it also offers some advantages. You can choose to sit in the shade at all times of the day to read around the pool, and the tradewinds do not seem to blow as much sand into the pool. We loved it. By the way, you can't beat the breakfast at Tropica -- just what a Caribbean restaurant should be!

G
Gaelen Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the input... even though I really, really would like to take advantage of Tropica's pool, I think we're going to stay at Banana Beach and spring for the Ocean View room. Everyone I talk to who's stayed there says it's great.

Gaelen
Concord, CA

S
S
I wanted to stay at BB, but they have a 7 night minimum for xmas and we are only going to be there for 5 so we went with Tropica - Greg seems very nice [Linked Image]

S
S
Gaelen...

In my opinion, The Palms is the best in San Pedro. Walk to everything... Large, well decorated apartments/suites... Great views... It's the best!! Check out their new website...

Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.