Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#431889 03/02/12 07:49 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The Belize Red Cross is pleased to announce the reactivation of a vibrant and well functioning San Pedro Branch.

The first community information session and volunteer registration will be held this Saturday, March 3rd from 10:00am to 1:00pm on the upper floor of El Divino Restaurant, Banana Beach Resort, San Pedro Town.

Members of the Belize Red Cross cordially invite all Ambergris Caye residents to attend, meet the Red Cross team and learn how Ambergris Caye can benefit from and assist the most vulnerable people of the community and the rest of Belize by having an active Red Cross office in San Pedro.

If you cannot make it out in person, please join the Belize Red Cross face book page to keep informed and to register your interest in becoming a Volunteer or a Contributing Member of the National Society.

Red Cross Belize Director General, Lily Bowman and at team or Staff and Volunteers will be visiting the island from Belize City and will provide pertinent details about the Belize Red Cross' Constitution, Code of Conduct, and Confidentiality Agreement, programs, strategies, plans and other related subjects to those interested in becoming a part of the Belize Red Cross family.

Those interested persons who would like to register there is an annual membership fee of BZ$25.00 per year for Volunteers and BZ$100.00 for Contributing Members. The difference will be explained at the meeting. This annual fee is used by the Branch for development and execution of community activities.

The Belize Red Cross has a Headquarters (HQ) in Belize City and 7 Branches throughout the 6 administrative Districts of the country. San Pedro will make the 8th and the newest reactivated Branch.

D
D
Since when do you have to pay to be a member of Red Cross. We are members in Wisconsin and it is truely volunteer. Am I missing something? Dawg

The harder I work the luckier I get.
Belize Red Cross has a minimal financial base and the membership plan here is designed to give us all a way to help sustain this fine organization.
I'll be proud to step up and pledge my support.

D
D
It's a great organization and I am equally proud to be a part of it. I am glad San Pedro has this available. I am wondering why there is no funding from the organization. Dawg

"The organization" is funded by people. Like us. Donations.
That is how it works. The countries are more or less meant to raise their own funds.

P
P
I think you will find is that there is a cost share between communities and Red Cross International. The Belize Red Cross does a very important service through many types of groups throughout the country. Multiple funding sources are accessed just like your local Red Cross in the states. They rely on all of us for local support. Ms. Bowman in totally inspiring. I was not able to make it today but will be definitely be joining and volunteering time and financial resources.

D
D
Thanks to all the San Pedro Red Cross Volunteers. Dawg

Hi all it is now official we have a San Pedro Branch of the Red Cross. Thanks to the many people who helped in this effort and those interested in volunteering or becoming members.

We are working on setting office hours asap.

Christina Espejo was nice enough to loan us a computer deck and computer with the donation of 6 months Office Space. If anyone has any of the following items they are not using we could use some help sprucing up the office: chairs and a table, book shelf, small fridge

Save the Date - First San Pedro Branch fundraiser with live music at Legends Burger House is Sunday March 25th - more details coming on that.

Details about Saturdays meeting upstairs at El Divino at Banana Beach Resort.
http://tacogirl.com/2012/03/red-cross-belize-san-pedro-branch/

Dawg any interest in brainstorming funding?

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

New addition - I have added a charity page to my site which is in process of a facelift. http://tacogirl.com/charity/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

D
D
Taco girl, I have sent an email to our red cross leader for ideas. I'll let you know what she says. Dawg

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.