Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Comparing the budget of Thailand and Belize makes no sense at all.
BTW - Thailand is a Kingdom and what the top guy says gets done - not so here.

People did love to watch the Boogie, and it was missed this year.

I think the difference with this tourist group is that they provide something for others to enjoy while they are doing their thing - this cannot be said for things like diving and snorkeling.

But yes - it is a little hard to justify to the public how the government would be spending money to subsidize a foreign tour group - even if the economics ultimately make sense, it's pretty hard to articulate and at this time even harder to find the dosh to do it.

OP Offline
OK Rich, one free drink for you. At least you are not expecting me to buy one for 199 others. grin

K
K
Personally, I miss the skydiving event. Regardless of whether or not I jumped it was a good time. Without it, I probably will not make the February trip. I would like to see it back in Belize.

It would give me a reason to go more than once a year. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Last edited by KathyA; 03/02/12 02:06 PM.
A
A
I can only confirm what he says about the civil aviation board they offer no help in welcoming aircraft or owners. I flew here 20 years ago and was treated like a common criminal for wanting to vacation in Belize. I was persistant and flew several time from the US to Belize. Each time was a little easier as I began to understand they were just rude and didn't want this type of tourist arrival. The AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilot Assoc) does caravans of light aircraft and took Belize off the list of destinations years ago because of the way they were treated at the airport. I spoke to many people at the airport about how to make this a easier task. I got no feedback from them. They talk about overnight stays and this group of 20 aircraft would stay for 3 to 4 nights. For everyones info I own a home here and visit 3 to 4 times a year. Thank you for letting me post my comments.

I did a tandem jump with this group a few years back and I didn't come into contact with anyone in the group that seemed "arrogant". Everyone seemed very nice.

Rich even donated the money I paid for my jump to a San Pedro local school.

Why any government does some of the things they do remains a mystery to me.

Why the Belizean government seems to make it difficult for aircraft owner's to fly their private planes into Belize is certainly at the top of the difficult to understand list.

Although, a local Mississippi man made news a year or so ago by being one of the first international private flights direct to San Pedro. He's not very popular right now due to the clock tower / ad sign he paid for being erected "in the middle of a busy street".

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Frankly, I agree that BTB should have been more helpful, but not in a monetary way. They should have helped smooth out the landings, so to speak. Should have made sure that there weren't too many glitches with government and airport procedures, etc.

As far as financial assistance, well, until Belize can start helping with airfare for any tourist coming down (as is done in Mexico), we should just rely on service and not cash.

Service, wouldn't that have been helpful?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Originally Posted by bywarren
Thanks for being my spell checker, Bear.

Lmao, Oh damn bW, you changed it! I liked "Arrogant Ski Divers" better! There was a certain j'ne sais quoi about that lead. It sucked the freshly awakened reader into the possibility of yet another Belizean experience! It sure got me curious at any rate...Man, I really need to knock back some Caye cafe before I venture on to the board in the mornings...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.